Gwen: I know. Isn't it adorable?''
12 Reasons Why I Love Her is a graphic novel by writer Jamie S. Rich and artist Joelle Jones, published in 2006 by Oni Press.It falls into the Romantic Comedy genre, with some Drama sprinkles here and there, telling a casual Boy Meets Girl story, through non-linear narrative. In essence, we follow Gwen, The Girl, and Evan, The Boy, through the ups and downs of their romantic life.The book consists of 12 individual chapters, each of which shows the couple in a different point in their relationship, while also providing a song to accompany it, with the sole exception being the, song-less, Prologue-mini-chapter.
- Chapter I: Let Me Kiss You, by Nancy Sinatra.
- Chapter II: Mysteries, by Beth Gibbons & Rustin Mann.
- Chapter III: Love Comes Quickly (Blank & Jones Mix), by the Pet Shop Boys.
- Chapter IV: September Song, by Bryan Ferry.
- Chapter V: A Boy And A Girl, by The Trash Can Sinatras.
- Chapter VI: Can't Smile Without You, by Menswear.
- Chapter VII: Goodnight, by Buffy Sainte-Marie.
- Chapter VIII: We Are Monkeys, by Travis.
- Chapter IX: A Certain Sadness, by Astrud Gilberto.
- Chapter X: Spaceman, by Belly.
- Chapter XI: When The Levee Breaks, by A Perfect Circle.
- Chapter XII: Real Love (Acoustic), by John Lennon.
- The End: 12 Reasons Why I Love Her, by My Life Story.
12 Reasons Why I Love Her contains examples of:
- Anachronic Order: Obviously.
- Boy Meets Girl: At a movie theater.
- Care-Bear Stare: Gwen's glances have that effect on Evan.
- Cool Teacher: Evan, a very sensitive 8th grade English teacher.
- Destructive Romance: Pretty much.
- False Soulmate: By the looks of it...
- False Start: Their first date is this.
- Fidelity Test: Ffreddie...
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Gwen is this to Evan. For the most part...
- Romantic Comedy: Not always, though.
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: A not so sweet granny, verbally attacks Gwen and Evan, because she sees them coming out of a movie theater showing The Exorcist. In her defense, she was just trying to save their souls...