Oni Press is a Portland based independent comic book publisher founded in 1997 by Bob Schreck and Joe Nozemack. They were dissatisfied with what was available so they decided that they would establish a company "with the goal of publishing the kinds of comics and graphic novels they themselves would want to read".
Schreck left the company in 1999 to work as an editor at DC Comics.
Nozemack joined with film producer Eric Gitter in 2003 to form a media production company called Closed on Mondays to help Oni Press creators adapt their comics to other media. Due problems caused by distance between offices, Gitter left in 2015 and a new film and production arm called Oni Entertainment was established.
In 2016, the publisher launched an imprint for erotic and sex-education comic books called Limerance Press.
In 2017, the publisher announced an imprint called Oni Games that publishes Tabletop Games.
- The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius
- Aggretsuko (Oni)
- Alison Dare
- Blue Monday
- Cheat(er) Code (under imprint Limerence Press)
- Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things
- Invader Zim (Oni)
- Jingle Belle
- Junior Braves of the Apocalypse
- Letter 44
- Lost at Sea
- The Marquis (before moving to Dark Horse Comics)
- Orphan Blade
- Polly and the Pirates
- Princess Ugg
- Queen and Country
- Rick and Morty (Oni), the licensed comic based on Rick and Morty
- Scott Pilgrim
- The Secret History Of DB Cooper
- The Sixth Gun
- Tek Janson
- Twelve Reasons Why I Love Her
- The View Askewniverse
- Wet Moon