Herotron is the heroic Giant Robot that protects the Republic Of Worlds. With its five pilots, Herotron flies across the universe, battling evil wherever it may arise. And being one of its pilots has always been Erica Pratch's dream. Just one problem though...
She got rejected from having such a sought-after position.
However, she isn't about to let that deter her. If she can't pilot Herotron, she'll just have to find work on it elsewhere. So she signs up to be a member of Herotron's maintenance crew. Obviously, she's over the moon at getting to be on Herotron at all. However, she soon discovers that a life aboard Herotron isn't as glamorous as she expected.
The comic was funded on Kickstarter on March 12th, 2011, and was released in 2014.
Giant Robot Warrior Maintenance Crew contains examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Boomie has purple skin.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Herotron has a nasty infestation of human-sized space parasites.
- Humongous Mecha: Herotron is the titular Giant Robot Warrior.
- Intelligent Gerbil: One member of the maintenance crew resembles a giant brown badger.
- The Leader: Jeb has this role for the maintenance crew.
- Man on Fire: In a work montage page, in one of the panels, one of the crew members is seen having caught on fire due to one breaking out in the plasma dischargers.
- Naïve Newcomer: Erica is the newest member of Herotron's maintenance crew, and believes it to be an honour to be on Herotron at all.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Boomie has green hair.