The Green Giant is a Superhero comic from The Golden Age of Comic Books, published by Pelican in Green Giant Comics #1. It concerns a financial broker who via a special belt can grow to 15 stories tall and his battles against a counterfeit ring.
Not to be confused with the vegetable advertising character the Jolly Green Giant, or The Incredible Hulk, who's sometimes nicknamed the "Not-So-Jolly Green Giant."
This comic contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Samuel "Smiley" Gleason is the mastermind of the counterfeit ring.
- Inexplicably Awesome: It's never explained how the Green Giant got his size-changing belt.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: The Giant threatens to crush a few criminals in his hands to get information.
- Mouth of Sauron: "Killer" Jackson acts as the mouthpiece between the Mooks and the Big Bad to keep the latter's identity secret.
- Only One Name: The Green Giant's civilian identity is only referred to as "Brentwood."
- Protagonist Title
- Run for the Border: The last act of the story is the Green Giant pursuing the Big Bad as he tries to flee the country on a boat.