open/close all folders
Public Radio Alliance
Carly ParkerProducer and host at the Public Radio Alliance, Carly documents her search for a missing childhood friend who seems to have been caught up in a mysterious game dating back hundreds of years.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Carly's family could easily have proven or disproven a lot of Jones' claims... if any of them were still alive.
- Gamer Chick: Carly in regards to games from the 1980s. One of her fonder childhood memories was playing Centipede on a stand up arcade cabinet owned by Yumiko's family. When she goes to a bar to see a contact for her investigation, she notes the working games present, Robotron and Missile Command and admits in her narration that, despite what she was there for, she really wanted to play.
- Pull the Thread: Carly has been advised on many occasions to stop her investigation, but her desire to know the truth behind Yumiko's disappearance prevents her from walking away.
- Unwitting Muggle Friend: Carly was this to the much more adventurous Yumiko, who was off investigating RABBITS while Carly worked in public radio. Although Carly tries to downplay it, it's clear that the two women drifted apart by a fair amount before Yumiko disappeared. Carly wants her best friend back in more ways than one.
Nic SilverVoiced by: Terry Miles
Yumiko TakataCarly's childhood friend, the mysterious disappearance of Yukimo is the initial driving force in Carly's investigation into the mysterious world of RABBITS.
- Affectionate Nickname: Carly calls her Miko.
- Present Absence: Yimiko's disappearance, and Carly's refusal to accept it at face-value, is what kickstarts the plot.
Concernicus JonesA cryptic ally who reaches out to Carly through an instant-messaging app on her laptop, he claims to be helping Carly whilst withholding information about Yumiko's disappearance from her.
- The Lost Lenore: Emily Masterson is this for him, to the point that his grief for her almost destroyed the timeline, since made him destablize RABBITS by refusing to complete Eight.
- The Mentor: Upon realizing that the new iterations of Rabbits was becoming legitimately dangerous to its players, he tries to become a mentor for the ones he can find and guide them as best as he is able.
- Mysterious Stranger: He arranges for a strange instant-messaging app, Cat-Chat, to appear on Carly's computer, and hides his real name from her.
- No Name Given: His real name is a secret even from Carly; refusing to call him by his full screen name, she often refers to him as 'Jones.' Even The Reveal is yet another nickname as Jones is revealed to be Hazel, the player who abandoned the last version of Rabbits before finishing.
- Pyromaniac: Jones claims to have coped with the possibility of his parents' divorce by setting things on fire. Up to an including his entire town.
- Spanner in the Works: Jones has come to suspect that his decision to quit the eighth iteration of Rabbits when he was on the verge of winning has made him into this. In line with his theory that Rabbits is used to maintain stability in the universe, his choice caused vital maintenance to go undone.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A knowledgeable, sarcastic person with 'hacker' connections, who goes only by a screenname and is, at least at first, a stranger to the host? Hello, Meerkatnip