This is DEFINITELY a work-in-progress so any help would be much appreciated!
Devlin 'Dev' Miski
- Determinator: You can throw the media, jealous, smug ex-best friends, unsupportive teammates, angry fathers, and homophobic rival football players and fans at Dev all at once and it still won't matter to him. He's still gonna play football. He's still gonna be in love with Lee.
- Straight Gay: You'd never know from talking to him that he's gay.
- The Unfavorite: Dev's older brother is married with kids and has a relatively successful law career and it's pretty clear that Dev's parents hold Dev up to his standard for much of his early life.
Wiley 'Lee' Farrel
- Closet Key: For Dev, who never knew he was gay until he met Lee.
- Gone Horribly Right: In a good way. He originally just wanted to sleep with a dumb jock to get back at him for what happened to Brian. He never expected to fall in love with Dev.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: While he was dating Dev in the beginning, since Dev was still in the closet. It gets phased out in later books.
Brenly Harold Farrel
- Toxic Friend Influence: Her relationship with Wiley was already strained at best, but then Eileen joined some kind of support group for parents whose children were "corrupted" by the gays, and started spending time with Mrs. Hedley, who ended up driving an even bigger wedge between Eileen and Wiley.
- Husky Russkie: He's a second-generation Siberian immigrant and prides himself on his ability to fight.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He doesn't overly approve of Dev's relationship with Lee, but once he gets to know Lee, he's willing to tolerate it since it makes Dev happy.
- Noble Bigot: Mikhail is a loving father and husband, but old-fashioned in his views.
- The Beard: He's married with a kid, but has a boyfriend on the side.
- Iconic Sequel Character: He's a major character that's not introduced until the second book.
Corey "Killer" Mitchell
- Only Known By His Nickname: His real name, Winston Porter, is rarely mentioned. Everyone just calls him "Charm".
- Really Gets Around: He's the "girl in every port" kind of guy.
- Armored Closet Gay: He's gay, though he has a wife and maintains an anti-gay attitude.
- The Resenter: Seems to be the basis of his antipathy towards Dev, who (in his mind) gets to do whatever he wants free of consequence, whereas Colin apparently feels constrained by his religion and the expectations of others.
- Attention Whore: Lightning Strike loves attention and often makes himself the center of it.
- Asexual: He claims to have no preference for either men or women and practices "tantric meditation" in lieu of sex.
- Innocently Insensitive: At one point he gets Dev bondage gear for Christmas, having somehow come to the conclusion that it was something that Dev would want.
- Attention Whore: He wants attention, but only on his own terms, even if it means hurting the people around him and gets bitter when things don't go his way.
- Freudian Excuse: Brian's whole reason for getting involved with gay rights activism and for hating Dev and football players in general. He was a victim of a gay bashing that was led by typical Jerk Jocks, which ended with him having a few broken bones.
- Gamer Chick: She's a video game designer