open/close all folders
Episode 1 Pilot
- Sheldon, a nine-year-old boy, is smart enough to start high school.
- Whenever Mary goes into full Mama Bear mode for Sheldon.
- She threatens to punch a woman for insultingly asking what is wrong with her son.
- She tells off the principal who wants to throw Sheldon out of high school just for being a smartass because she is determined to make sure her son gets the education he deserves.
- Sheldon gets a minor one. He overcomes his mysophobia and holds his father's hand, even though he still has a long way to go before he completely overcomes it.
Episode 2 Rockets, Communists, and the Dewey Decimal System
- As Sheldon sits alone, the cafeteria turns into a gorgeous view of space. The entire scene makes you feel as though you are in space, discovering it for the first time.
- Tam and his family managing to survive their many misfortunes as they carve out a better life for themselves.
Episode 3 Poker, Faith, and Eggs
- After failing to win in his and Pastor Jeff's science vs religion debate due to Pastor Jeff's logical fallicies and dismissal of Sheldon, Sheldon comes back and destroys him... or would have if George Sr. didn't fake chest pains so the family could leave.
- Georgie refuses to stay home like his grandmother ordered and steals her car and drives himself and his siblings to the hospital to see their dad.
Episode 4 A Therapist, a Comic Book, and a Breakfast Sausage
Episode 6 A Patch, A Modem, and a Zantac
- Sheldon spends the entire episode working on the math to prove a rocket can come down to land instead of water. All this, to spite a NASA rep who condescendingly tries to peace Sheldon off by giving him a NASA patch. By the end, he's done all the math and wowed the NASA rep.
- After Sheldon solves the landing problem, he's so distressed that no one will listen to him, his father ends up driving the whole family to Houston, physically barging into the NASA rep's office, and demanding that his son be heard. When the guy finally gives Sheldon a hearing, he ultimately admits that Sheldon's math is correct, but ahead of the technology of the time. This is enough to satisfy Sheldon, and he leaves, commenting "call me when you catch up".
- The reveal that, thanks to Sheldon's work, SpaceX was able to figure out how to land the first stage of the Falcon 9 on a droneship on the CRS-8 mission in May 2016. Elon Musk (As Himself) even has Sheldon's notebook.
Episode 20 A Dog, a Squirrel, and a Fish Named Fish
- A feud breaks out between the Coopers and their neighbors, the Sparks, after the latters dog terrorizes Sheldon. Meemaw goes to see Brenda Spark at her work to try to make peace. It goes well at first as they chat about their families over margaritas... but then Brenda had to go and call Sheldon weird. In an Offscreen Moment of Awesome, Connie makes sure Brenda learns to NEVER badmouth her Moon Pie.Mary: Really, Mom? This is how you put out the fire?
Connie: (now sporting a black eye) Well at least she got the worst of it.
George: How do you figure that?
Connie: (smugly) I ripped a big patch of hair outta her head! (points to her shiner) This will be healed in a week. She will be wearing a hat til Labor Day!
Episode 20 A Proposal and a Popsicle Stick Cross
- Veronica Duncan is staying with the Coopers' to get away from her mother's drunken, abusive boyfriend Clint. When Clint drops by and orders Veronica to come home, Georgie tells him she's not going anywhere. That in and of itself is awesome, but the real awesome part comes next. Clint makes the mistake of putting his hands on Georgie, when George walks in and politely tries to talk him down. Clint refuses to back down and George ends up knocking him out (off-screen). When Mary asks what happened, George simply responds: "You might want to call the police. There's a bum sleeping on our front porch."
- Clint: You really wanna mess with me?George: (smiles) Sure, why not?
Episode 1 Quirky Eggheads and Texas Snow Globes
- Georgie comes up with a plan to buy all the Texas snow globes from a store that's going out of business and then sell them door-to-door. And despite a rocky start (even Meemaw turned him down), he sells every single one for more than he paid for them and was even able to buy them for a discount. It's no wonder he became such a successful tire salesman in the future.
Episode 7 Pongo Pygmaeus and a Culture that Encourages Spitting
- Missy has taken a lot of crap over the course of the episode for being a girl on a boy's baseball team. During her first game, she finally loses it and beats the hell out of the opposing team's pitcher after he nearly nailed her in the face with a ball, which he obviously did on purpose. George, Connie and the coach cheer Missy on as she does and even though Mary is trying to talk her down, you can tell she's proud too.
- On the ride home, Missy said that she even beats the hell out of the girls who were bullying her for playing baseball.
- Before she beat up the boy on the opposing team, she first had to deal with boys on her own team. After one of them tells Missy "I don't play ball with girls" Missy responds "Why not? Your friend's playing with one."
Episode 21 A Secret Letter and a Lowly Disc of Processed Meat
- Sheldon and George making a video together in order to convince Mary to let Sheldon attend college. Mary is left with no choice but to agree.
- Meemaw and Georgie getting revenge against Coach Ballard by egging his store.
Episode 3 Training Wheels and an Unleashed Chicken
- Sheldon breaks his arm after a cycling accident. One would think that this would make him terrified of cycling (keep in mind that choking on a sausage in one episode of Season 1 made him terrified of solid food). However, once the cast is removed, he's back to learning how to cycle. Its either character development or determination.
Episode 21 White Trash, Holy Rollers and Punching People
- After word gets out that Georgie got Mandy, a woman 10 years his senior, pregnant out of wedlock, kids at Sheldon and Missys Sunday School start badmouthing not just him, but the whole Cooper family. Missy finds out about this, and tells them that if theyre going to badmouth her family, they should be brave enough to say it to her face. Thats when one boy has the gall to not only say that Georgies going to Hell for what he did, but that their whole family should be kicked out of the church, calling them white trash. This earns him a good punch in the face from Missy.
Episode 1 Four Hundred Cartons of Undeclared Cigarettes and a Niblingo
- After Mary feels unwanted at church and decides to leave early, Sheldon storms back in and delivers an epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the entire congregation, calling out their hypocrisy over how "God is Love" and yet nobody is showing any love to his family and is shunning his mother over Goergie's own mistake. It ends up devolving into him ranting about the correct pronunciation of Nebuchadnezzar, but he got the main point across first.