Duke: Yea. But I figured it was just because I was surrounded by hoes. Oh no I didn't!
A Stock Phrase used to express incredulity. It happens when somebody says or does something completely outrageous, rude, or over the line, especially if it wasn't called for. Sometimes a person can say it himself (as in the above quote) to emphasize how much his diss must have stung.
Often pronounced "Oh no you di-unt!", especially by Sassy Black Women.
- A few years back, there was a commercial for Kool-Aid featuring a young black girl opening her own lemonade stand, and reacts this way when she sees a neighborhood rival open a conveniently more successful stand across the street.
- Inverted with the latest Domino's Pizza slogan, after the company threw out their old pizza recipe: "Oh yes we did."
- Used in a commercial for Vault energy drink. A well-muscled Latin Lover presents a pearl to a guy's girlfriend, and the announcer firmly announces, "Oh no he dih-unt!"
- This ad with its wonderfully cheerful and catchy song featuring the above quote for the below-mentioned game.
- In the English dub for the Transformers spoof episode of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, the sisters' robot factions are about to face off.
Stocking: The powers of gothness are greater than anything your pathetic sex toys can muster!
Panty: "Powers of gothness"? Really? You're threatening me with bad hair and eyeliner?
Narrator: Oh no she di'nt!
- Buttercup says this in The Powerpuff Girls story "Mayor Minor" (Cartoon Network Block Party #31) after the Mayor recruits the girls to escort him to the shopping mall where a costumed pickle mascot is appearing.
- Said by Archie in Life With Archie: The Married Life when Kevin Keller's senatorial opponent pulls the gay card.
- Mean Girls:
Cady: You know what, it's not my fault you're like in love with me or something!
(Damian brakes angrily)
Damian: Oh no, she did not!
- Independence Day
Captain Steve Hiller: Oh, you did NOT shoot that green shit at me!
- Training Day: Alonzo at the beginning of his Villainous Breakdown.
Bones: Jake, go on and bounce homie, we'll handle it from here.
Alonzo: What? Oh no you didn't. Wait a minute, no you didn't. Hey, hey, Jake! Hey! Jake! Jake! Jake! Come back here! Jake! You disloyal fool-ass-bitch-made-punk. Jake!
- The Great White Hype: Mitchell Kane really should not have said "My brother, I'm a man of peace" to the angry black man who's view of the fight Mitchell was blocking.
HoltAdams did this a couple of times on Cheat!, with the "di'in't" pronunciation.
- Used, of all places, the Christmas episode of series two of Chuck, by a Sassy Black Woman Buy More employee.
- Used by Jon Stewart a couple of times in The Daily Show, usually in response to a bitchy comment from a minor politician on the News.
- Alan Kalter has a recurring sketch during The Late Show With David Letterman, "Alan Kalter's Oh No You Didn't!" Rule of Three always applies: After two "Oh no you di'in't"s, there always come a smarmy "Oh yes you did!" (usually in response to some celebrity sexcapade).
- My Name Is Earl pilot episode:
Randy: Oh no, you didn't. You didn't just go Old School!
- On Glee, during Regionals when the judges discuss the songs, specifically "Loser like me."
Tammy Jean Albertson: Those songs were terrible. I'm sorry, but I'm a politician and when I lost my last election, and there will be a recount, I didn't go around singing about being a loser. I twittered that Obama is a terrorist.Sister Mary Constance: Oh no you deee'n't!
- Not quite the full-on "Oh No You Didn't", but towards the end of the MythBusters Greased Lightning episode, Adam's chosen method for finding out if it was ever possible to put out a pan fire with water turned out to be a helicopter equipped for fighting forest fires.
- Saturday Night Live once did a mock advertisement for "Excedrin Racial Tension Headache" when Queen Latifah hosted.
"Takin' me from 'Oh no, you didn't!' to 'I wish you motherf***in' would.'"
- The very white J.D. in Scrubs after he insults Laverne:
J.D.: Oh no he di-unt! Yes, Laverne, he did.
- The phrase is used repeatedly in a Pizza Hut parody commercial on Mad TV.
- The theme song from Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. It's a cheerfully catchy song about how a mercenary gets shot in the ass and cheated out of a paycheck, and how they are going to tear down an entire country to get the payback.
- Rochelle in Left 4 Dead 2, being a Sassy Black Woman, is bound to say this. It takes two forms: a "Nice job!" voice command, in which she says it verbatim, or a more angered response to friendly fire.
Rochelle: Oh, no, you didn't just shoot me!
- In the reboot of Rise of the Triad, El Oscuro has this reaction in his true form after you press the button on the console.
- Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat X sometimes says "Oh no I didn't!" when he does a Brutality.
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "Fall Weather Friends", when Applejack and Rainbow Dash start ramming into each other in the final stretch, commentators Spike and Pinkie Pie have the following exchange:
Spike: Oh no, she didn't!
Pinkie Pie: Oh yes, she di-id!
- Spanky Ham on Drawn Together says this, particularly when Princess Clara gets racist in front of Foxxy Love.
- Bender says this in response to the Professor lightly slapping him, after which Bender proceeds to beat the stuffing out of him.
- In the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode Unremarkable Voyage, after Meatwad royally and unknowingly pisses off Frylock, Shake happily crows "Oh, you did not even just do that! Oh, no you didn't! Oh, my God!"
- In a 2012 episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles April is being stalked by a mutant pigeon. The turtles decide to use her as bait so that they can catch it and ask it what it wants. April walks along, but oversells when she starts talking outloud about how bad it would be for a mutant pigeon to attack her, starting an argument with Donatello.
Donatello: What are you doing?!
April: You wanted me to be bait, I'm bait!
Donatello: That's not how bait talks!
April: How do you know how bait talks?
Donatello: I know bait doesn't talk back!
* The other turtles pop out of their hiding places*
—>Michaelangelo: Oh no you didn't!
- Adam West says this in Family Guy when he is watching an episode of Rodney King Of Queens:
Carrie: Rodney, did you take out the trash?
Rodney: Um, I forgot.
* Carrie immediately begins brutally beating him with a rolling pin*
Adam West: (watching from home) *laughs* Oh no she di-in't.
Peter: Oh no she didn't!
- In "Airport '07", Peter, Joe and Cleveland watch the ending of Last Holiday with Queen Latifa. After she crashes while skiing...
Joe: Oh yes she did!
Peter: No she didn't!
Joe: Yes she did!
Peter: No she didn—
Joe: Yes she did, Peter! I just saw it!
Peter: All right, take it easy.
- American Dad! had an episode featuring a talk show called "Oh no he didn't/Oh yes he did"
Woman: He promised me he'd help me flip the mattress.
Host: And then what happened?
Woman: He went to the ball game instead!
Host: Oh no he didn't!
Audience: Oh yes he did!
- It shows up a few times in The Boondocks.
- In "The Story of Thugnificent", Granddad and Thugnificent get into a feud, and Thugnificent releases a rap song dissing him. Granddad does his own Piss-Take Rap, and the Lethal Interjection Crew say "This nigga went to YouTube? No this nigga didn't!"
- In "The Uncle Ruckus Reality Show", Ms. Leevil sics her evil henchmen Big Nigga and Crazy Bitch on an executive who displeased her. Crazy Bitch says "Oh no this nigga didn't!" before disemboweling him.