A 2015 horror anime consisting of three-minute shorts, seemingly unrelated aside from all taking place mainly through the medium of handheld and security cameras, and all featuring a skull-faced Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl who torments the characters. Unusually for an anime, most of the animation is done through Rotoscoping. Compare and contrast Yami Shibai, which also consists of episodic horror shorts.
Contains examples of:
- Camera Abuse: Happens in episode 5 when a severed head falls on the camera.
- Demonic Possession: Seems to happen to Shoko in episode 4, the partygoers in episode 5, the insurance lady in episode 8, and the idol in episode 12.
- Found Footage: Somewhat impressively manages to pull this off in animated form. The bulk of the episodes take place as seen through handheld cameras, security footage, and video calls.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: The final episode ends with the ghost girl rising into view and looking directly at the viewer, implying that she is approaching them the way she did the characters.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Happens to one of the security guards in episode 6.
- Haunted Technology: The ghost who appears can apparently only be seen through video, and can attack people through it too.
- Mood Whiplash: The episodes generally end with a Jump Scare or someone getting killed, followed by the upbeat ending theme and goofy animated closing credits.
- No Ending: Things are hinted at but never really explained, and then the series just sort of ends.
- Off with His Head!: Happens to everyone who appears on-screen in episode 5.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The ghost girl sometimes has them, especially once more of them start cropping up along with the insurance lady in episode 8 and the idol in episode 12.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: Appears Once an Episode.