All the possible plots of the show Bewitched:
- Darren makes some member of Samanthas family mad, and they place some kind of spell on him.
- Samantha has some kind of witch disease that makes her act in strange and inappropriate ways, and Darren has to explain this to the client, usually Charles Lane. Dr. Bombay must be consulted, and is called by incantation.
- Aunt Clara or Esmeralda try to cast an innocuous spell, but it all goes wrong because they have witch Alzheimers disease.
- Samantha has to do something with the witchs council and somehow brings Darrin into it, grousing all the way.
- Some outsider to the witch side of the family (Ex: Gladys Kravitz) sees Samantha or another witch doing magical things and a convoluted explanation must be contrived.
- Tabitha innocently does a trick, not understanding that most of the people she interacts with are muggles, and everyone thinks she is gifted in some wayuntil Samantha can think of a convoluted explanation.
Things you can expect to see on Bewitched:
- Charles Lane as the client.
- Gladys Kravitz sees everything, and Abner Kravitz sees nothing.
- Phyllis Stephens sees everything and Frank Stephens sees nothing.
- If Larry Tate sees something, hell want a drink.
- Somehow the spell on Darrin will be explained as some novel and unique advertising campaign that Darrin has wanted to spring on the client, who will think it is a masterstroke of genius!
- Uncle Arthurs visual puns.
- Gladys Kravitz (the Saundra Gould version) trying to spread malicious gossip about the Stevens and particularly Samantha.
- Dick Wilson (Mr. Whipple) will appear as a drunk.
Gerard Jones' sitcom history Honey, I'm Home! has some thoughts on the series that are worth quoting.