07:36:38 PM Nov 2nd 2014
Could we change the Page title to "Now they're all grown up"? If we do this we don't have to point out that the "Traditional" case could be gender flipped or whatever
05:48:22 AM Dec 27th 2012
Can someone pothole the image caption to 'comically missing the point'? Grey captions look a little dull imho
04:16:56 PM Mar 11th 2012
edited by pokedude10
edited by pokedude10
Is there a reason why the pic is essentially a redlink? It points to Iinchou No Koibito, however there is no corresponding page. I would have gone ahead and removed the link, but the comment in the code says to discuss any changes first.
12:18:52 AM Feb 17th 2011
edited by Cindylover1969
edited by Cindylover1969
Removed this from the page. The natter was getting ridiculous:
- This troper used to have the hots for Jessica Alba during his childhood, when she was credited as "Jessica Marie Alba" (it somewhat sounded so exotic and mysterious to me). Seeing her lately in more recent works got this troper to pull a Nerdgasm-tastic "I Knew It!!".
- Soleil Moon Frye, with or without the breast reduction surgery
- Child stars are often prone to this.
- Valerie Bertinelli as Barbara Cooper Royal(bottom), and for Jenny Craig(2009).
- Keisha Knight-Pulliam as Rudy Huxtable(bottom center), from The Cosby Show, and herself, 2008.
- Keisha's ''Cosby"" co-star Raven-Symone.
- Shia LaBeouf.
- Miranda Cosgrove. Just compare her School of Rock days to how she fares in iCarly.
- Fellow Nickelodeon stars Keke Palmer and Victoria Justice as well.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
- Alyssa Milano was a cute teenager on Who's the Boss?. Then came Charmed...
- Sarah Jessica Parker on Square Pegs. Sarah Jessica Parker on Sex and the City.
- Drew Barrymore as Gertie in E.T. and Drew Barrymore in jeans◊.
- Amber Scott, the little girl in the movie Hook went from this◊ to THIS!◊
- Emma Watson as Hermione in Harry Potter and Emma Watson as, um, Hermione in Harry Potter.
2001: (Girl looks longingly at poster of Hermione while her brother and mother watch) Aw, look, she's totally besotted with Hermione!2009: (Boy looks longingly at poster of Hermione while his sister and mother watch) Aw, look, he's totally besotted with Hermione!
- In a similar vein, Bonnie Wright when she first started playing Ginny and today.
- Not to mention the boys — Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Tom Felton have all grown up beautifully.
- Holy crap, Michelle Trachtenberg◊...
- Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams◊ and today◊ or at Sleepy hollow◊.
- Hayden Panettiere for anyone who saw her in Remember the Titans.
- Lacey Chabert; This photo◊ shows her appearance when she was in Party of Five and what she looks like now.
- Miley Cyrus has been attempting to do this, to shed the old Hannah Montana thing and be recognized as a legitimate adult singer/actor. Hasn't been going too well, though. The media still explodes whenever she does something remotely "adult". Because teenagers in real life always act like the ones in children's TV shows. Admit it: even if you hate her music, you still have to pity her to some extent.
- This seems to happen a LOT to Disney Channel stars. They get on a TV show, and usually sing, with music and programming aimed at children. They become extremely popular for a few years, with high TV ratings and lots of concert and CD sales. Then, their show is gone and they start to slowly fade out. Whenever they try to do some more mature work, there is often a heavy Media Backlash, because for so long they were "perfect" role models for young children, and people just expect them to stay that way.
- An interesting one is Georgie Henley from The Chronicles of Narnia films. We're used to seeing her as a nine-year-old so she looks like she has grown up a lot in the third film, even though she still is just 15.
- Scarlett Johansson has certainly come a long way from all that horse whispering.
- Madeline Zima. Just look at this◊ pic.
- Danica McKellar
- One of the most disturbing things about getting older is watching Dakota fucking Fanning blossom.
- A rare male example: Christian Bale was such a cute little boy in Empire of the Sun ... This troper's mother was probably not the only one who was more than a little surprised by his appearance◊ as Batman.
- Annette Funicello was this before everyone on this list (and most Tropers) was even born.
- Chelsea Clinton has endured many jokes about her looks in the media when her father was in office (A downright cruel thing to do to a teenage girl growing into her new body, regardless of her parents. Bad media!), but I doubt anyone's joking now◊.
- You know that little girl that got attacked by chicken sized dinosaurs in the beginning of The Lost World: Jurassic Park? That was Camilla Belle, who now looks like this◊.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He was always a cute kid◊ , but now... umm, yeah.◊
- Jodie Foster: started as a Coppertone Girl, now a hot mom.
- Natalie Wood: A little girl in Miracle on 34th Street; less than a decade later she was playing opposite James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause.
- Another famous Natalie, Natalie Portman was a spunky, determined, and funny little girl in Leon: The Professional, starring opposite Jean Reno. She's turning into quite the classical beauty, see her latest incarnation in the upcoming Thor live-action adaptation of the comic from, um, Marvel Comics.
- Kaley Cuoco, resident hottie of The Big Bang Theory. Here she is◊ circa the Denzel Washington film Virtuosity, and here she is◊ now.
- I predict this happening sooner than anyone knows it for Chloe Grace-Moretz.
- I'm certain very troper has a cousin or second cousin that they only see every 4-6 years and therefore remember a sweet 13 year old and are bothered by either physical desirability or decidedly adult behavior — or both — of the now-nineteen-year-old.
- Remember Ritchie, the adorable little kid from Family Matters? Well, here's Bryton McClure as an adult.
- Daniel Logan, who played the young Boba Fett in Attack of the Clones, can hunt me down anyday◊
- This is Nozomi Sasaki, age 10◊. And this is gravure (bikini) model Nozomi Sasaki, age 20◊. Wow!