- Soldiers in the Middle East: We've had several stories like this recently with SEAL Team Six and Zero Dark Thirty, as well as the Modern Warfare and Medal of Honor games. How you you give this story some zest?
- Fanfic Fuel: This would have to be one of the dreams of a writer, to be handed the reigns of their favorite media to write about. Whether it be Neon Genesis Evangelion, The Punisher, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, WWE, Mass Effect, Kim Possible, whatever form of media you like, what spin would you put on the story?
- Police procedural: If you're not familiar with this story then thing Law & Order or Blue Heelers, NYPD Blue or Underbelly. What would be your take on these?
- Sitcom: From Friends to How I Met Your Mother there have been numerous twists played with one of the classics. What's yours?
- Sports: There has been several unique spins on the classic sporting movie, from Space Jam to Celtic Pride to Eddie that has thrown something of a curve ball at the viewer. How would you put your stamp on such a story?
edited 4th Feb '13 5:01:02 AM by tsstevens
- Soldiers in the Middle East: Something like Black Hawk Down.
- Fanfic Fuel: The many historical and mythological figures you can put in the Fate universe. With an alternate universe of Medaka Box providing the Masters.
- Police Procedural: Dealing with crimes complicated by the arrival of a Batman-like vigilante.
- Sitcom: No spin, just something standard. (read: can't think of anything)
- Sports: Dodgeball. With magic powers and battle auras and varied playing fields. So basically shonen'd up.
- Medieval-style fantasy settings, like LOTR, Eragon, Ladyhawke etc
- Space Opera - Star Trek etc
- Romance (serious or Rom Com)
- Historical Fiction/Period piece - anything from Robin Hood to Call the Midwife
- Alternative History
edited 4th Feb '13 12:48:07 PM by Wolf1066
- Soldiers in the middle east: I know nothing about soldiers or the middle east, so... pass?
- Fanfic fuel: A Pokémon fanfic involving trainers pulling swords out of Pokemon and having duels over The Power to Bring the World Evolution.
- Or better yet, a skewering of those fanfics that try and make the Pokemon world more "realistic" by making every Pokemon a dangerous vicious predatorial killer, where every Pokemon will have only abilities that can be found on actual real life anumals, and quite a lot of critters would end up a lot smaller, especially the insects.
- Police procedural: I don't really have anything to say about this, either...
- Sitcom: Take a Standard Sitcom Situation, and flip the genders. Flip all the genders! So, for example, you might have a an attractive popular boy living with a bunch of homely, socially awkward girls.
- Sports: ... i got nuttin'
edited 5th Feb '13 12:40:53 PM by Specialist290
- Soldiers in the Middle East: First I would have it center on female soldiers. Yes I know that might not be realistic as women are not really meant to be on the front lines, but this would bring us to point two. After September 11 it was proposed that women would be excellent in fighting Middle Eastern Muslim terrorists, and recruitment for combat roles would help bolster the numbers for The War on Terror. Thus the best candidates were selected, women with the hearts of tigers, who could go toe to toe against any man, who were just as skilled, just as tough and just as dedicated. Those who could really get to terrorists. The story would focus on several such women in a unit, which brings up point three. Their unbalanced: one lost her son to terrorists, she sacrificed him actually, and had wanted to retire but was recalled, she's grouchy, and she takes it out on the Taliban. Another has a son back home and there is no depth she will not stoop to so she can protect him from terrorism. The third pushed really hard to have women on the front lines, and while she tries to maintain order and discipline she has a maverick streak and is not afraid to break the rules if it means stopping Al Qaeda from hurting others.
- Fanfic Fuel: Here is what I would do with each story.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: It would take place After the End and center on one of the first people who came back from Instrumentality. And they are pissed. Enough so they began investigating what happened, and think the giant head that's seen decaying has something to do with it. If Rei somehow makes a reappearance then they want her head on a pike.
- The Punisher: There's another vigilante operating in New York, which is a story that had been told before. However this one is different: they're professional, and at the moment had not gone out to kill criminals, instead investigate crime until the police can be informed of the best time to strike, rather than kill them like the Punisher would. Now this vigilante has contacted Frank Castle with information on a gang committing armed robberies, and he is suspicious why.
- I went with doing a film adaptation of Final Fantasy VII redone and remastered using the cutting edge 2013 graphics and sound.
- The Hunger Games: This would center on a former champion who is too old to be involved in Katniss' war, but can provide information on what the games do to those who survive. They won not through brutality or skill, but survival, someone who might have picked Foxface to win. They ran from the initial onslaught, moved about and hid, then went back to the bodies and used their bodies to sink to such barbaric depths even the District 1 and 2 contestants were shocked. What they had to do to survive had left them jaded, and it is how they are able to cope that is passed on to Katniss.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Buffy now has an army, however she needs to be much much better at leading them. She begins research on other Slayers who had fought with others, before Willow contacts their spirits for guidance on how they led.
- For Professional Wrestling I would center on an ex wrestler turned promoter who tries to identify where others had failed and where they can try and innovate.
- For video games, Wing Commander, where I would have it a Lower Decks Episode that centered on an original cast that would pop in and out of the storyline between the first and second games, from Blair's court martial to a pilot in covert ops with Paladin, from helping Spirit find her fiance to flying under Lieutenant Colonel Devereaux. Some missions would change to playing as a Space Marine.
- I would make a second season of the Spiderman 2003 animated series and have the center storyline being The Punisher hunting down Spidey, and when he threatens those close to him Peter has to don the costume again.
- The police procedural would be the story I'm writing. An aboriginal girl dealing with criminals who are up in arms about being victimized because of their race which is a hot topic at the moment while investigating the murder of a transsexual.
- Sitcom: I'd center it on a news reporting team and try and make it accurate while still being funny, showing reports that prove truth is stranger than fiction.
- For a sports story I would have it center on a coach who suffers from depression. He's nice, kind, loyal, eccentric and brutal beyond belief, pushing Training from Hell to it's limits without causing damage as he drives, punishes and occasionally greatly rewards his team. It's so bad The New Guy wants to quit but not only does the team relish the torment in the hopes of pleasing the coach he is adamant he is not giving up on him.
- Medieval-style fantasy settings: Take your standard fantasy setting, except there's no war or evil overlord or anything— the main issue is
- Space Opera: It will star a cute blob.
- Romance: A cupid who has to deal with her own love problems regarding a dashing seraphim.
- Period Piece: In which Shakespeare experiences a Shakespearean love story.
You need to Get Known to get one of those.