Are these unfortunate implications?:
- Is Southern.
- Is insanely handsome.
- Is kind and generous
- Doesn't discriminate.
- Is a Republican.
- Is at least part Asian.
- Is very intelligent.
- Is gay.
- Is a hard worker.
- Loves his boyfriend Tyler unconditionally.
- Brash and headstrong.
- The only Latin American character in the cast besides her father.
- Toby Hutchinson, the Adorkable, Straight Gay protagonist, who is trapped in a Transparent Closet in the first book. He has few stereotypes of male homosexuality besides loving pink and musical theater.
- Maya Daniels, Toby's best friend. She's a huge Yaoi Fangirl, but she doesn't constantly obsess over boy-boy love, despises the Rape Is Love stereotype, and defends Toby at all times.
- Tyler Thompson, The Ace, good at every sport but loves soccer the most. Is terrible at basketball. Is the very definition of Straight Gay (as in, you'd never tell he was gay until he hit on a cute guy, possibly with a cheesy pick-up line), is a Nice Guy, a Sassy Black Man...oh yeah, did I mention that he's black?
edited 4th Mar '12 10:50:38 AM by CJCroen1393
edited 20th Aug '12 10:42:54 PM by MorwenEdhelwen
edited 21st Aug '12 6:48:26 PM by Collen
edited 21st Aug '12 11:52:09 PM by NickTheSwing
edited 4th Sep '12 6:40:38 PM by CJCroen1393
edited 27th Sep '12 3:33:16 PM by NickTheSwing
You need to Get Known to get one of those.