Tropers: Sergeant Luke
Some call me that.Just your regular average geeky funnyman. My ultimate goal is to work in entertainment- producing films would be a dream come true, though I'd be satisfied with television or even web broadcasts. I'm a major fan of animation, in all its forms, and am amassing a large collection of Classic Disney Shorts, Looney Tunes, Studio Ghibli works, and others. As a result of my lifelong enthusiasm, nearly all of my planned works are intended to be animated. Unfortunately, my future plans are bogged down somewhat by my chronic laziness, poor art capabilities, and my inability to stay grounded on a single idea. Although, I'm only 15, so it's not like time is an issue. Check out my user accounts! Newgrounds YouTube deviantART YTMND Twitter Wikipedia FictionPress FanFiction Tumblr Blogger
This troper embodies the following tropes:
- Adorkable: I can't count how many times a girl has squealed, "Eeeek! You're so CUUUUUUTE!" at me. A little embarrassing, but I guess it's better than just being ignored by the opposite sex!
- American Accents: For around three years, my family lived in Brooklyn, and I developed a hilariously thick Big Applesauce twang. I lost it when I moved to Los Angeles, though, and today my accent is Californian.
- Angrish: I'm normally pretty calm and non-vulgar, but oftentimes, failing at something important to me will result in a barrage of babbling and cursing.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: I've created many, many characters over the years. Unfortunately, my excitement over all of the ideas I get means I stop working on the other ones, and that's why you haven't heard of me yet.
- Berserk Button: I am usually a very calm, agreeable and understanding person... unless you do any of the following:
- Display support of PETA, or suggesting or promoting a vegan diet. In fact, mentioning veganism in general around me is probably a bad idea.
- Diss the Star Wars prequels, AKA "the foundation of my childhood".
- Oh, and please don't link me to RedLetterMedia. It will not change my mind.
- The Eagleland trope, Flavor 2. I'm no uber-patriot, but I am proud of my country and enjoy living here, so it's portraying us all as ignorant, stupid fools is extremely insulting to me. Flavor 1 annoys me too, though I consider it less offensive, and more embarrassing.
- The irritating ubiquitousness of Nostalgia Goggles on the internet. That goes double for you, 90s kids.
- Brainy Specs: I mostly get B's and C's in school, but thanks to my glasses, everyone assumes I'm a genius. Sigh...
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Well, maybe not brilliant, but I do have some really great ideas that have gone untapped for years because I just won't get off my ass and do something about it.
- Catch Phrase: Lots!
- Whenever people call for me: "Some call me that!" (see the page quote) / "What do YOU want?"
- Whenever people suggest an idea: "EX-cellent!" / "That's it! of course!" / "I like it. I like it a lot." / "It's BRILLIANT!"
- Whenever I'm in awe: "Wah-wee!" ("Wow-ee") / "Dude!"
- When something exciting is about to happen: "Oh yeah, here we go!" / "Alright, let's rock!" / "Alright, let's go!"
- Whenever someone says something stupid (usually only to people I know very well, and in a friendly fashion): "*pat on the head* Great job, kid."
- In my younger years, I would often misuse the word "practically" (i.e., saying "he practically killed the guy!" when, in fact, he really did kill the guy). Not any more, really.
- Complacent Gaming Syndrome: I can never play Killer Instinct as anyone other than Spinal, nor can I play F-Zero as any car other than Red Gazelle or Wild Goose.
- Deadpan Snarker: Sort of. In real life my sense of humor is more surreal mixed with punny and black, but once I get online, I turn into a total snark machine.
- Dope Slap: My friend, Cameron, was a Chivalrous Pervert in middle school; whenever I said something dirty, I'd give him a weak slap on the back of the head.
- Evil Laugh: An absolutely epic one. Only ever used as a joke, of course.
- Finger Twiddling: Whenever I'm nervous, I actually do this in Real Life.
- The Lancer / The Dragon: Whenever my sister, our cousins, and I played games together as kids, I was always either Lancer to my cousin Joey's Hero or Dragon to his Big Bad. I don't even know why, that's just the way it was.
- Large Ham: In my third grade school production of Julius Caesar (yes, really), I had only one line. But when it came time to perform in front of an audience, I was so annoyed with my classmates' Dull Surprise method of acting that I made that line freaking count.
Me: LIBERTY! FREEDOM! TYRANNY IS DEAD! RUN, HENCE, PROCLAIM! CRY IT ABOUT THE STREETS!
- Only Six Faces: My art style is very simplistic, so my characters' faces all end up looking the same. I've lately been trying out various solutions to this problem, such as differing eye or head shapes, and I'm getting better about it.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Totally, unmovably idealistic. My philosophy can be described as follows: "No matter how bad things are or will become, eventually, they'll get better."