tumbler.com,,, I'm not dead you guys
I am thoroughly of the opinion that this idea that straight white males are "the norm" and every character that's different from that norm needs to be - to some extent - defined by that difference needs to die in a fucking fire. And every time I or anyone else writes fiction that doesn't buy into this idea of normative groups, it comes one step (no matter how slight) closer to doing so.
"Her cushions are... notorious."
*dramatic prairie dog!*
That's an incredibly arrogant thing to say. If this does epitomize the trope The Chessmaster, it's not because it's such a wonderful piece that gets to the heart of that kind of character with precision and style; it's because, lacking more inventive ideas, you've used tropes to do the literary equivalent of putting together flatpack furniture from IKEA.
- I AM FIRST ONE HERE! YESSSSH Inhopelessguy
- A momentous occasion, to be sure. Collen
- I AM SECOND ONE HERE! Most excellent - That One Guy Named X
- Eerie is better than spooky anyway. :P (Helloooooooo!) - Noaqiyeum
- Call me... darnpenguin!
- Evening, Collen. You're nice. Carry on. Stiff upper lip. -Mura
- *throws frozen fish at you* Because I'm Icelandic you see and therefor only eat fish ~Finchgeam
- Hello I felt I should vandalize here -phantom1