YMMV: Mega Man X: Command Mission
- Base Breaker: Spider's entire premise. Fans will seem forever divided on whether or not Redips was actually Spider all along, or killed the real Spider halfway through the game and assumed his identity. There is evidence to support both theories, and, seeing as how a sequel to this is rather unlikely to happen any time soon, there may ultimately be no final answers.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Hippopressor. It's a giant multicolored hippopotamus that bursts through a wall apropos of nothing at the end of the intro stage. Unlike most animal Mavericks, it does not speak and so cannot offer any explanation for its presence, and it is never spoken of again after the boss fight. Zero sums it up best:
Zero: Who the heck is this?!
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Marino. Dear God, Marino.
- Epileptic Trees: Speculation on to whether Redips was always Spider, or if Redips killed the real Spider and replaced him at one point. There is in-game support for both arguments.
- Fridge Brilliance: Massimo's complete weakness to Elemental Powers, thus making him a Glass Cannon / The Load after the halfway point in the game, is completely justified in context when you remember that he's introduced as a weak pretender taking up the mantle and armor of his mutilated idol. Keep in mind that Reploids are built for all sorts of purposes vital to maintaining their futuristic society, not just combat. He most likely was not built for physically intensive tasks or environments, thus advanced elemental defense specs ranked pretty low on the list of priorities for his internal core. So why are these weaknesses negated or neutralized in his Glint Dymonion hyper mode armor? For that matter, how can he even access a hyper mode to begin with? Simple: he's wearing the armor of the original Massimo, who was designed for intense activity. That hyper mode most likely was pre-programmed within the armor itself.
- Fridge Logic: Scarface. Was he built with the scar? Did he go through life named Scarface for no good reason until his face was actually scarred? Did he change his name to Scarface after said face scarring? Is he just a really big Al Pacino fan?
- Game Breaker:
- Axl's Stealth Mode makes the entire party all but invincible, if you use it right.
- Spider's Action Trigger, if one has patience.
- Narm: X's infamous "You...you...you MAVERICK!"
- YMMV on the English voice acting, but Depth Dragoon's voice is so cheesy and odd that it's impossible to take seriously.
- Ho Yay: Aside from the usual X/Zero, there's also some between Zero and Spider, and Marino and Cinnamon.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the climax Zero yells "What were we fighting for?!" One cannot avoid to think about the memetic line from Mega Man X4 which was famous for its poorly delivered voice acting.
- So Okay, It's Average: The general reaction from critics. It's no Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, but otherwise, it's a decent RPG in it's own right.
- Spiritual Licensee: To the Breath of Fire series. This game is arguably a better PS2 Breath of Fire game than the actual Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.
- Too Cool to Live: Spider — or at least Redips as Spider. But depending on when Redips became him, he may even have died before the game started.