YMMV: Chicken Run
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Rocky a Jerkass who lead the girls on false promises and turned their backs on them only to have a sudden attack of conscience that prompts him to return, or is he a sympathetic man (or rooster) who was put into this situation by a goal driven chicken who would stop at nothing to get what she wants, and gets treated like a Jerkass even though he technically, never lied in the first place.
- Edwina. Did she not tell anyone because she didn't want them to worry about her, or did she do it deliberately because she wanted to die?
- Did Mr. Tweedy drop the door on Mrs. Tweedy on accident? Or was he finally tired of the abuse she constantly put him through and did it deliberately?
- Animation Age Ghetto: Chicken Run is a semi-mature film, but was billed as a children's film.
- Award Snub: Despite critical acclaim, a determined campaign from Aardman and preference by a number of Academy voters, the movie failed to gain a Best Picture nomination. This would result in the creation of the Best Animated Feature category the next year.
- Awesome Music: Following their triumph with the Antz score, John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams made this score, possibly the best score to ever feature a kazoo. Main Titles and Building the Crate stand out.
- Broken Base: Mel Gibson's presence in light of his questionable religious (see: anti-Semitic) beliefs has some people disowning this film as a result, while others are more forgiving because the movie is just so damn good.
- Designated Villain: Mr. Tweedy, to an extent. Mrs. Tweedy in contrast is much, much nastier (for example, the evil grin on her face just before Edwina gets the chop, showing that, yes, Mrs. Tweedy enjoys killing them).
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Babs.
- Hilarious in Hindsight : Timothy Spall became more famous a few years later playing another rat.
- Ho Yay: Nick and Fetcher seems to be a little closer than just being Those Two Guys and Heterosexual Life-Partners.
Fetcher: (practically swooning) Wanna dance?Nick: ... alright.
- Iron Woobie: Let's just say Ginger has to put up with a lot over the course of the film.
- Jerkass Woobie: Mr Tweedy. With all the abuses he takes from his predominant and nasty wife it's hard to not feel a bit sorry for him.
- Memetic Mutation: "In the quite likely case of an emergency, stick your head between your knees and kiss your bum good-bye!"
- So much so that one TV spot jokingly bleeped out the word "bum."
- Narm: "You are going to be a pie!"
- No Problem with Licensed Games: The game based on the movie is a pretty good stealth game (Metal Gear Solid with chickens!) with exciting levels and funny mini-games.
- Special Effect Failure: See the second entry under Narm above.