Western Animation: Barbie and the Three Musketeers
It's The Three Musketeers
, done with Barbie
in the main part.
In this version, Barbie (voice of Kelly Sheridan
) plays Corinne, daughter of D'Artagnan and Constance. Corinne wants to become a Musketeer, like her father, but she's a woman. Undaunted, she sets off for Paris, where her letter of recommendation is instantly stolen and she is forced to work as a maid in the castle. She gets her chance, however, when she's forced to reveal her training after an attempt on the Prince's life goes awry. Along with fellow maids Aramina, Renée and Viveca, Corinne works to counter the plot of an evil chancellor (voice of Tim Curry
) who wishes to usurp the throne.
This movie contains examples of:
- Action Girl: One of the closest the Barbie films have gotten to this.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The girls correspond to this, with Corinne being the Blonde, Viveca and Renee the Brunettes, and Aramina the Redhead.
- Casting Gag: Tim Curry previously played Cardinal Richelieu in a more proper version, as well as the Mouse King in Barbie in the Nutcracker.
- Cool Mask: The girls have masks that also double as Cool Crowns when worn up in the hair.
- Falling Chandelier of Doom
- The Fashionista: Viveca.
- Flynning: Amazingly enough.
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny: The lining in the girls' capes.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Viveca.
- Improvised Weapon: Three of them, but only when a chandelier falls.
- Mythology Gag: Corinne's father is called D'Artagan, the protagonist of the original book by Dumas.
- Nice Hat: The girls in their musketeer hats.
- Pimped Out Cape: The girls in their musketeer outfits have capes that are gold-lined, and have a short cape over the long capes.
- Pimped-Out Dress: For the ball.
- Pink Means Feminine: Corinne, who is feminine, but not the demure kind.
- Punny Name: The names the girls give at the ball. (Barbie Q., Ivanna Party, Abby Birthday, Hedda Lettuce)
- Redhead in Green: Aramina. Well, redhead in green-blue.
- She-Fu: To an almost ridiculous extent.
- True Blue Femininity: Renee.