"I'm NOT a Satanist! I was on my period!"
A screw-up in a feminine hygiene factory leads to a girl accidentally summoning Satan with her period. Now Satan is stuck tending to the whims of a 17-year-old girl.
Satan and Me was based on this post on tumblr
and written and drawn by Orangeplum.
The comic can be found here
This comic provides examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Laila: Holy shit, are you a demon?! Are you the demon I've heard about that does McAllister's bidding?! OMG, are you buying her cigarettes? She smokes??
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Satan can turn into a woman to tempt someone to commit adultery.
- Cassandra Truth: Kristi, a girl known for spreading gossip, tries to tell people Nat is friends with a demon. Predictably, no one believes her.
- Changing Clothes Is a Free Action: Satan seems to be able to make clothes appear on his body when he changes forms.
- Devil in Plain Sight: Literally.
- Satan once bared fangs and a snake-like tongue in a crowded shopping center, but the only one who noticed was Kristi.
- Disembodied Eyebrows: The eyebrows in this webcomic can be seen over the characters' bangs.
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven
- Flung Clothing: In one strip, Nat's bra ends up hanging off of Satan's horn and a shirt over his shoulder, implying Nat just threw her clothes behind her and they landed on him.
- Foreshadowing: In this strip, Satan tells Nat to be careful of what she says, or she might "slip." When he sees Felix and Anthea, though, he actually does accidentally bump into her and push her off the roof.
- This also qualifies as foreshadowing for the above.
- GameFace/FangsAreEvil: Satan tries to scare off some kids with this. It doesn't work.
- Later, he uses the same tactic to scare a girl who had been spreading rumors about Nat, with much better success.
- Gilligan Cut: Happens twice when Nat is sick.
- Good Is Not Nice: Angel Michael. He's technically on the side of good, but while very cheerful, he's also kind of a jerk.
- Hellish Pupils: Satan's pupils are snake-like in appearance.
- Holy Burns Evil: Nat threatens to take Satan to church if he doesn't fix her reputation at school.
- Though when she does take him to church, it doesn't so much burn him as make him a bit sick.
- Identical Stranger: Michael Panagakos and the Archangel Michael both look incredibly similar (excepting their eyes) and even share the same name. As characters, however, they're completely different.
- Kid with the Leash: Nat won't release Satan because she knows he won't be able to hurt anyone if he's bound to her.
Nat: Well, if I keep you here, then you can't go out and cause any trouble in the world.
Satan: You bitch. Is that what you've been doing?
- Lame Rhyme Dodge:
Satan: Fuck, I just really hate looking at your face.
Michael: What'd you say?
Satan: Uh, I said I'd like to visit outer space.
- No, Except Yes: Played With
Satan: Not that spending every waking moment in a teenage girl's room would make me want to strangle myself with my own entrails, but it's making me want to strangle myself with my own entrails.
- Oh My Gods!: Michael says "Oh my Dad!" in one picture.
Michael: How long have you and Nat known each other?
Satan: Oh... only a brief... 'period' of time.
- Platonic Life Partners: Anthea and Felix appear to be this, though it seems Anthea cares more about Felix than Felix cares about Anthea.
- Really 700 Years Old: Satan, Michael (the angel), and Gabriel are all way older than 700 years, though they all look like young adults, at least in the forms we see them in.
- Removed from the Picture: Upon learning Nat's friend's name is Michael, Satan rips the boy's face out of Nat's photos.
- Shapeshifting: So far, we've seen four of Satan's forms: Devil, "drug dealer greaser", female, and "Stan".
- Shout-Out: When Nat asks if Satan ever thought of going to prom, the comic cuts to an Imagine Spot of Satan grinning while buckets of blood dump onto the prom queen and king.
- Stalker with a Crush: Felix to Satan. According to his character bio, he "has an obsessive and invasive loyalty to Satan."
- Sue Donym: Satan actually almost introduces himself as "Satan", but is interrupted by Nat yelling, "Stan!" Played straighter later when Nat almost refers to "Satan" when talking to Michael.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Satan's irises are orange rimmed with yellow or gold.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Nat and Satan
- Walking Shirtless Scene: In his slightly more demonic form, Satan goes shirtless.