"I'm NOT a Satanist! I was on my period!"
A screw-up in a feminine hygiene factory leads to a girl accidentally summoning Satan with her period. Now Satan is stuck tending to the whims of Natalie McAllister, a religious high schooler who soon enough finds herself feeling a little bit of sympathy for the devil
Satan and Me was based on this post on tumblr
and written and drawn by Orangeplum.
The comic can be found here
This comic provides examples of:
open/close all folders
- Hellish Pupils: Satan's pupils are snake-like in appearance.
- Hero Antagonist: Technically, the Archangel Michael should be the hero, as he's the one who's supposed to defeat Satan.
- Holy Burns Evil: Nat threatens to take Satan to church if he doesn't fix her reputation at school.
- Though when she does take him to church, it doesn't so much burn him as make him a bit sick.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Next to Satan, Natalie looks like she could be Felix's size.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Felix and Anthea. Though, it isn't that Anthea is really that tall. Felix is just really little.
- Identical Stranger: Michael Panagakos and the Archangel Michael both look incredibly similar (excepting their eyes) and even share the same name. As characters, however, they're completely different.
- Is That Cute Kid Yours?: Nat at one point has Satan take the form of a toddler to convince her father's crush that he was boyfriend material.
- Kid with the Leash: Nat won't release Satan because she knows he won't be able to hurt anyone if he's bound to her.
Nat: Well, if I keep you here, then you can't go out and cause any trouble in the world.
Satan: You bitch. Is that what you've been doing?
- "Knock Knock" Joke:
Nat: Knock knock.
Satan: Who's there?
Nat: Fix my reputation or I'm taking you to a church on Sunday.
- Lame Rhyme Dodge:
Satan: Fuck, I just really hate looking at your face.
Michael: What'd you say?
Satan: Uh, I said I'd like to visit outer space.
- Lethal Chef: At one point, Natalie's cooking leaves her friend throwing up into a bucket.
- Missing Mom: Natalie and Max's mother died in a car accident when they were younger.
- Morphic Resonance: Seen with Satan and Zadkiel when they shapeshift.
- Satan always has yellow/gold eyes and forked eyebrows.
- Zadkiel always has lavender eyes, a lip piercing, and partially shaved eyebrows.
- The Napoleon: Felix
- Nervous Wreck: After Satan has a "talk" with her, Kristi becomes a little ball of nervousness anytime she sees him or Nat.
- No, Except Yes: Played With
Satan: Not that spending every waking moment in a teenage girl's room would make me want to strangle myself with my own entrails, but it's making me want to strangle myself with my own entrails.
- Oh My Gods!: Michael says "Oh my Dad!"
- One Steve Limit: Averted by the two Michaels.
Michael: How long have you and Nat known each other?
Satan: Oh... only a brief... 'period' of time.
- Our Angels Are Different: The angels in this comic are much more humanoid than their biblical counterparts. And although they do have wings, they can be hidden inside their backs. Also, they have halos which can apparently be taken off and thrown away.
- Overly-Nervous Flop Sweat: Kristi has a chronic case of this.
- Platonic Life Partners: Anthea and Felix appear to be this, though it seems Anthea cares more about Felix than Felix cares about Anthea.
- Really 700 Years Old: Satan, Michael (the angel), and Gabriel are all way older than 700 years, though they all look like young adults, at least in the forms we see them in.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: War, one of the four horsemen, has red eyes.
- Removed from the Picture: Upon learning Nat's friend's name is Michael, Satan rips the boy's face out of Nat's photos.
- Hot as Hell: Though we don't see him seduce anyone, he's very obviously attractive.
- Sensor Character: Raphael can look into the hearts of others and see their true character. He's the one who warned Michael to watch out for Lucifer.
- Shapeshifting: So far, we've seen five of Satan's forms: Devil, "drug dealer greaser", female, "Stan", and toddler.
- Shout-Out: When Nat asks if Satan ever thought of going to prom, the comic cuts to an Imagine Spot of Satan grinning while buckets of blood dump onto the prom queen and king.
- In one comic, Satan says "Good Morning Vietnam!" as a reference to the movie, but it alsonote calls to mind a scene in Supernatural where the Lucifer of that show says the same thing.
- Stalker with a Crush: Felix to Satan. According to his character bio, he "has an obsessive and invasive loyalty to Satan."
- Stepford Smiler: The Archangel Michael
- Sue Donym: Satan actually almost introduces himself as "Satan", but is interrupted by Nat yelling, "Stan!" Played straighter later when Nat almost refers to "Satan" when talking to Michael.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Satan's irises are orange rimmed with yellow or gold.
- And now one of the four horsemen, Pestilence, has yellow/gold eyes.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Zadkiel usually disguises herself as male when on Earth.
- Torso with a View: Angels can survive having a hole punched through their bodies as long as another angel's blood doesn't get into their systems.
- Villains Act, Heroes React: Zadkiel caused the design switch in the pad factory.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Nat and Satan
- Walking Shirtless Scene: In his slightly more demonic form, Satan goes shirtless.