Ammika and Inferno, The two main characters. This was also her previous icon on the site hosting it, Smackjeeves. "That was for a gag, this comic needs humor. Duh!"It can be found, hosted on Smackjeeves, here.
And no, it has nothing to do with the word 'apt'.
A "meta" webcomic
that's about every game, anime, and whatever the author can think of. The setting is in Comicia, a world in which geography is about as consistant as the comic's title (read as; never the same twice.) There's also some random portals that go to places like alternate/mirror dimensions, Dreamland
The main character is Ammika Channing (Known by her pen name "PrincesTomboy", which should be read Princess Tomboy), a reality-warping Cat Girl
who's also the author of the comic.
She tends to be a bit hyper... And she doesn't really have a reason for being here at all.
She obviously likes this site.
Her sidekick is Inferno, an Original Character
of the Sonic the Hedgehog
series who looks nothing like Shadow.
He's a cute little boy
who is often forced into crossdressing
and other things he hates, for Ammika's amusement.
As well as plenty of other characters. In summary, It's chock full of Tropes.
The humor is intentionally cutesy and kid-friendly, and it updates every Friday. There are also plenty of "mini strips."
Originally, the comic was planned as a sprite comic using original sprites made by the author herself. It was about Ammika and her frog alien
sidekick Kumimi going on adventures. It had 15 comics (3 comics and two panels of which were fillers) but due to computer trouble all the sprites had been deleted and it was left abandoned.
On July 28th 2011, it was restarted as a cartoon. Kumimi was replaced with a hedgehog hybrid
named Inferno, though Kumimi does hang around the house.For reading this, you get a free video! Click to activate.So far, other "secret" videos can be found at;This comic
This work includes examples of the following tropes:
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: Averted, as Inferno gets along pretty reasonably for a rockstar.
- All Myths Are True: If you look in the right universe.
- Alt Text: Ammika has started adding these recently.
- Artificial Hedgehog: Inferno.
- Author Appeal: Probably one of the most justified cases considering the No Fourth Wall about who made the universe.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Nothing a little glue can't fix!
- Collect Them All: Ammika gets a lot of silly stuff, from a pet Lakitu to a Mind Control pendant.
- Comically Invincible Hero: Ammika does not believe this exists, so despite being the person in charge of the universe she plays fair, gets kidnapped, etc.
- Comic Book Time
- Deadpan Snarker/Only Sane Person: Nearly everyone who can speak gets this at one point.
- Dragged into Drag: Inferno is forced to crossdress alot. Apparently.
- Ears as Hair: Arguably.
- Evil Gloating: Discussed in an Ammika Explains
- Gods Need Prayer Badly: Not really, but 'authors' get some great perks for having people read their stuff. Just like the Real Life sort, really.
- Hammerspace Hair: Ammika uses this from time to time, for visual humor, though she usually prefers pockets.
- Hypocritical Humor
- Improbable Weapon User: Subverted as the necklace turns into a sword or something (it's a very limited Morph Weapon) before she fights with it.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain/ Minion with an F in Evil: Considering Inferno technically works for Eggman, and Kumimi is an alien invader...
- In Which a Trope Is Described
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Averted because the author just doesn't care.
- Little Bit Beastly: Seems to be a requirement for the authors, though in a few cases they just Unusual Ears have without the tail and such.
- Little Miss Almighty
- Living Toys: Sort of with Locket, is there a Living Jewelry trope?
- There's also a living teddy bear, though.
- Morph Weapon: See Improbable Weapon User
- No Fourth Wall: Well, it frequently needs repairing at least.
- Off Model: At times, as it's drawn fresh every time and the author's not very careful.
- Only Six Faces: Though it's less "six kinds of human faces" and more one human face and five other species.
- Original Character: Many of the characters are based on (somewhat unoriginal) concepts for OCs.
- Our Demons Are Different
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Playing with Fire: Inferno. Fitting when you consider Blaze's existance.
- Plot Hole: They're taken quite literally and used as a Plot Device.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Considering all the Unplanned Crossdressing, everyone ever with very few exceptions.
- Reality Warper: Authors.
- Reality Warping Is Not a Toy: Averted, but it makes things too easy so Ammika avoids it most of the time.
- Retcons: Discussed in an Ammika Explains
- Shout-Out: One to The Incredibles' Syndrome in an Ammika Explains.
- Someday This Will Come in Handy/It May Help You on Your Quest: Every time. Every. Single. Time.
- Sprouting Ears: Permanently for one Ally Katt.
- Theme Naming: The more important characters have earlier alphabet names, so A means they're important (Unless they're from a canon series, that's an unfortunate coincidence.}
- Tsundere: Plenty, see Author Appeal.
- Unsound Effect: *scratches head*
- Wall of Blather: Averted in that you can read it all, though.
- We All Live in America: Lampshaded occasionally that they sure do celebrate American holidays a lot...
- Webcomic Time
- You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me: Inferno. Far more often than he should, being a Sonic the Hedgehog character.