Ratboy Genius goes for a ride in his little red buggy with his friends Happyman and Green Monster.
"Knock, knock!note It's me, the Ratboy Genius!
I just came over to say 'Hi!'
I am... you know, the Ratboy Genius!
I hope we have a happy time!"Ratboy Genius
— The theme song
is a YouTube
channel full of videos that are better seen for yourself than described.
There are several ongoing series on the channel that are interconnected. The first and foremost is Ratboy's Kingdom
, which follows the adventures of titular character Ratboy Genius and his exploits throughout his kingdom.
This series provides examples of:
- Action Figure Speech: Used in the earlier episodes, for the hand-drawn characters before the 3D models with moving mouths were used.
- Author Tract: One episode is all about how awesome Abraham Lincoln was (enough that there's an entire course dedicated to him at Kingdom University.)
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: In Happyman on the Red Planet and George, none of the characters have any trouble breathing in space.
- Catch Phrase: "Knock knock! It's me! The Ratboy Genius!"
- "WHEeEeEeEeEeEeE! I'm the Ratboy Genius! WHEeEeEeEeEeEeE!"
- Character Title: Ratboy's Kingdom, Happyman on the Red Planet and George
- Cool Boat: Ratboy's yacht, the boat on the Ratboy Canal, and the red boat in the underground tunnel
- Cool Car: Ratboy's little red buggy, Happyman's car
- Also the rollercoasters/minecarts.
- Cool Shades: Ratboy occasionally dons these in later episodes
- Dark and Troubled Past: George
- Darker and Edgier: While the earlier episdodes were mostly short slice-of-life adventures, Ratboy Genius Dreams Minecraft has an actual antagonist in the form of Little King John and a more adventurous plot, which hilariously, grew the fanbase.
- Egopolis: The Ratboy Genius lives in The Ratboy Kingdom, near Lake Genius and the Ratboy Canal.
- Evil Counterpart: Little King John to the Ratboy Genius. He's even a Palette Swap of him with a crown, and kidnaps Little Summer Solstice Baby to try and make her fall in love with him. Also, unlike Ratboy, he is way more Off Model then he is.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Quite a few characters fall into this, including the titular character. Leaping Friend is Ratboy Genius' friend who's always leaping, Very Tall Friend is his friend that's very tall, and Mr. Big Arms has big arms.
- Funny Animal Anatomy: As one of the comments pointed out, Ratboy Genius looks nothing like a rat. Could be justified, though, seeing as it's unclear whether "Ratboy" implies that he's supposed to be an anthropomorphic rat or part of some species of ratlike people.
- Insufferable Genius: Ratboy Genius sometimes falls into this territory
- Interspecies Romance: Ratboy Genius and Little Summer Solstice Baby
- It's All About Me: Ratboy has a tendency to steer conversations, and entire videos, toward himself.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Fred
- Knight of Cerebus: Ratboy's life was all beach parties and operas until Little King John came along. Even if it is All Just a Dream.
- Large Ham: Little King John tends to be this a lot.
- Medium Blending: The series started out with hand-drawn static images on photographs. Eventually, Ratboy Genius turned into a 3D model, but it took a while for the others to catch up.
- Milking the Giant Cow: Little King John does this whenever he sings. He flows with the music.
- Off Model: The intentionally bad and derpy faces for every character's 3D variant can be considered this, but Little King John is truly this. His body streches out, turns around faster then it should, and we see in the Dreams Minecraft series finale can even stretch out to Ratboy and the escaped Summer Solstice Baby while they're flying so far he is practically 5 times larger then them in the perspective. You can even see his head clearly far into the fly-away from the stop, and it's not until they reach the real world castle, which they were flying to, that you can't see him.
- One Steve Limit: When Happyman discovers that a man named Bob ended up on the same planet earlier in the day, he immediately knows it's his friend Bob, and not anyone else by that name.
- Perpetual Smiler: Happyman is constantly smiling, even when he finds out Little King John has taken over his factory.
- Remember the New Guy: Bob
- Rubber Man: Little King John
- Show Within a Show: Happyman on the Red Planet and George
- Synthetic Voice Actor: Everybody. All the time. Even the narrator. Though, seeing as the speech is intended to be text to speech, it would be hard to make the exclamations at the end audible, since they can't really replicate easily.
- Take Your Time: Ratboy Genius's girlfriend had been kidnapped, yet he spends a day riding roller coasters.
- Tears of Joy: George
- Trademark Favorite Food: Little King John loves potato knishes.
- Tragic Villain: George
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: Little King John is really unnerving, if you don't look at the hilarity of his personality and his insane level of Off Model. Or perhaps, the insane level of Off Model is what makes him more unnerving.
- Villain Song: Little King John's Potato Knishes song, although it's more about the things he makes in his factory than about how evil he is.
- Subverted Trope as he got a little bit better one in the Intermission. Though it's still mostly the same.