Mane 6 announced that the final game would have a total roster of 17 characters:
Possible species.Since the work is no longer associated with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, the characters are going to be brand new characters. They are still working with cute quadrupedal fighters, but they are not going to be ponies so instead they'll be:
- Llamas (At least one confirmed)
- Deer (Reindeer confirmed)
- Cows/Bulls (One character silhouette is most likely of a cow)
- Tigers/Leopards/other big cats
- Other apes
- Woolly Mammoths
- Seals/Sea Lions/Walruses
- Guinea Pigs
- Ground Sloths
- Land Invertebrates
- Aquatic Invertebrates
- Fish People
- Eldritch Abominations
- Normal horses (Not ponies)
- A combination of creatures
- All of the above!
- Seems to be comfirmed, given the silhouettes◊
Possible characters in a fanmade continuation.
- So, I've heard rumors of people taking previous leaked versions of the game, and trying to finish them with the original MLP characters and setting. I think this would be awesome, so... Commence speculation?
- Rainbow Dash would be the game's equivalent of Ryu, a basic version of the[[Shotoclone Shotoclone]]. Lightning Dust would be a risky character, and would be more agile, and stronger, but harder to control, and would take more damage. Gilda would have similar but noticeably different moves, similar to Sakura
Some of the stuff in the game could be made from content that never made it on the showAccording to this reddit post there would had been an episode with a deer in it. So basically this game could have a bunch or elements that never made it into the show.
Possible StagesIts most likely that anything that resembled settings in Friendship Is Magic will have to be changed by necessity. Equestria had heavy influences from Medieval Europe, The Southern U.S (especially the Old West) and Greek culture. To distance itself away from Fi M, they'll be dropped. But what kind of new settings will be used? It really depends on the species they choose for the fighters.
- Personally, I'd like to see settings with a Asian influence, kind of a mishmash of Asian countries like China, Tibet, Japan even Thailand or Indonesia. It could even have influences of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Or a Shout-Out to Street Fighter (as long as they don't send C&D letters themselves).
- In a sharp contrast to the "rustic, old fashioned" setting that Fi M had, it'll have a futuristic look instead. Combined with the entry above, it could be something similar to Asura's Wrath or Ōkami.
- Urban Fantasy
- Or with a story spanning a world/univers with multiple Fantasy Counterpart Cultures.
Possible Arcade Mode structure
- One of the characters from the silhouettes◊ will be a Shoto Clone.
- With multiple predators available, and apes possible, it isn't far off that biting moves are possible. Or that a fighter is inspired by Blanka.
Possible Game Modes/Elements
- The game will feature a seamless Survival Mode
- After one character is defeated, you gain a short amount of health, then another character immediately jumps in and takes his/her place.
- The game will feature numerous training modes including:
- Free Training - Allowing players to do whatever they please
- Seems to be confirmed, as Bite-Sized Update 12 shows the latest menu has a (not selectable) training mode option. Details are still up in the air.
- Tutorial Mode - Teaching players not only the basic controls of the game, but also useful fighting techniques and strategies like in Skullgirls
- Combo Tutorial Mode - Teaching players character-specific combos
- In addition to being an informative educational mode, the Tutorial modes could also contain its own plotline complete with fourth-wall breaking and a sharp, witty sense of humor similar to the Fight Lab.
- Free Training - Allowing players to do whatever they please
- The game will feature bonus stages such as:
- The game will feature one or more optional Tag Team mode(s)
- Maybe even one with a ratio system allowing players to choose up to three players just like in Skullgirls.
- Or a Battle Royale mode like in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken
- Jossed. Tag Team is impossible due to the engine involved, according to the developers.
- If it were a possible feature, there may be special moves exclusive to certain teams similar to the Tekken Tag Tournament games.
- Possibly un-jossed with the possibility that the game will run on the Skullgirls engine, which has tag-team.
- There will be special rival battles in the Story and/or Arcade mode(s) such as:
- Some stages will be able to transition into others. The game is already going to have a sort of destructible environment, so whenever a part of the stage is destroyed or whatever, if you knock your opponent into that part again, you actually end up knocking them into another stage. Say like the fight is taking place on the Castle Balcony. If you hit your opponent into the balustrade enough times, it'll break away, and the next time you hit your opponent into it, you'll knock them into the courtyard below. Not only will this allow a change of scenery, but also allows you to do slightly more damage to the opponent.
- The credits will be similar to KOF2002 and will show the characters involved in some silly hijinks.
- Every character will have an assist striker of some type.
- The game will feature a ranking system akin to games such as Virtua Fighter and Tekken, complete with a points system that determines promotion opportunities and demotion dangers. The lowest rank being a title such as Novice and the highest rank being a highly esteemed title such as Champion
The cancellation will cause a massive Internet BackdraftThat may swell with the backdraft involving the Documentary and the Alicorn Twilight to become the death knell for the fandom.
- Death knell? Unlikely. Pissed at Hasbro? Probably.
The game's candidacy for EVO 2013 is what led to Hasbro's C&D.It's been suggested the game might've stayed just enough under the radar if it had not been submitted for consideration for the eighth slot at EVO, which brought it to a much higher profile.
- Reportedly, Mane6 did not submit the game themselves. It could even be conceivable that the submission was done to sabotage the project by giving it a big enough spotlight to catch the eye of Hasbro's legal department.
- Alternatively, developers of some of the other games under consideration may have filed a complaint with Hasbro.
- As this is currently an ongoing situation, any details as to how and when it came to Hasbro's attention aren't likely to be disclosed due to legal concerns.
The game will get a total re-haul.It seems like with the C&D. It'll have to end up having almost nothing to do with ponies entirely. This would of course, mean that the Fi M ponies will be replaced with entirely new characters (may not even be ponies!) and the setting will be a bit different. With Lauren Faust on board, it might have the same "feel".
Possible Shout Outs to My Little Pony
Even though Mane6 had to remove any explicit references to My Little Pony from the game, nothing says they can't have subtle references in. For example:
- Each character will have an alternate palette based on the character they were originally going to be back when the game was based on My Little Pony.
- Popular palette swaps from the alphas, like Tennis Shoes Twilight, will be back.
- Dialogue includes memes from the show (20% cooler, 10 seconds flat, etc).
- There will inevitably be a Derpy Hooves expy.
- Back when it was still a My Little Pony game, the developers promised a good reason for the Fighting Your Friend aspect of the plot. There's no reason to let it go to waste, regardless of what the game is about now.
- While M6 aren't allowed to use My Little Pony characters anymore, they might still be able to use Faust's character. True, she was created as an original character for MLP, but you can't exactly hold a copyright claim on a winged unicorn species, since it has been used before in other fictions. All M6 would have to do is remove the cutie mark so it won't hold any connection to MLP. (Yeah, I realize that this will probably never happen, but a guy can dream, can't he?)
A fan will finish the original game
- Using the leaked version as a base.