is, for lack of a better description, Bully
as a Flash game. It is being made in two parts; Part 1 can be played here
, while Part 2 is currently in development.
You play as an unnamed
British teen boy who is sent to St. Frost Academy
, a boarding school
for Britain's slackers, troublemakers and idiots, after getting expelled from his last school. You meet your new classmates, perform odd jobs for them, go to class (or not), and make friends and enemies in your first few days at school. Before long, however, students start disappearing from the campus...
This web game has examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Lilly.
- Alpha Bitch: Tina, a decidedly chavvy version of this trope. Annabelle is the more conventional Rich Bitch variety.
- Amazing Technicolor Battlefield: Kind of. The "Final Boss" is fought on the dance floor at a rave.
- Asshole Victim: Annabelle, who was the Alpha Bitch before she disappeared, is found dead and buried in the football field at the end of Part 1.
- Big Bad: It appears that Xerxes is being set up as this for Part 2, with it strongly implied that he's behind the students' disappearances and Annabelle's death.
- Big Eater: Eugene.
- Big Head Mode
- Big "NO!": Adrian really doesn't like long division...
- Boarding School
- Boarding School of Horrors: In Patrick's perspective as he's picked on by nearly the entire student body.
- The Bully: Nate, the chief antagonist in Part 1.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Happens to Roger, who was spying on, and masturbating to, the girls sleeping through a peephole in the "secret room". You see everything.
- Cliffhanger: Part 1 ends with you and Dave digging up the field to find the corpse of Annabelle, one of the students who went missing.
- Cloudcuckoolander: William.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: See Caught with Your Pants Down.
- Dean Bitterman: Mr. Stouffer.
- Drama Bomb Finale: The Reveal of Annabelle's corpse buried in the football field.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty / Sadist Teacher: The school's appropriately-named gym teacher, Mr. Bastard.
- Eagleland: American exchange student Guy is a hardcore Type 2 Eaglelander, constantly talking about America's superiority to everybody else. His bio in the school database, however, reveals that he deliberately embraces his country's worst stereotypes in order to have an identity — any identity — to claim as his own, frequently switching between different states' stereotypes as he sees fit.
- Funny Foreigner: Guy, an American example.
- Gilligan Cut: After breaking into the liquor cellar for the party, the player character has Lilly watch over the liquor, telling her not to drink any of it. When he returns with Faye and Bethany, he finds Lilly sprawled on the floor drunk, with several empty bottles and a broken table surrounding her.
- The Good Old British Comp
- Goth: Xerxes. Reading the school database, however, reveals that it's more about image for him than anything — he has a history of jumping onto cultural bandwagons, his recent foray into goth culture only being the latest one.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The fifty Piggymon cards, which have pictures of guinea pigs ranked according to their cuteness, ferocity and appetite.
- Hard Drinking Party Girl: Lilly. Apparently, getting drunk makes it easier for her to study. Zena also likes to drink and party.
- Hello, Insert Name Here
- Holiday in Cambodia: Mr. Stouffer goes into a "Vietnam flashback" while giving a speech, revealing that he slept with a transvestite while on vacation in Vietnam.
- Imaginary Friend: While not certain as of the ending of Part 1, it's heavily implied that your best friend Dave is not real. None of the other kids acknowledge his presence or even existence, and he has no student profile.
- The Mafia: Michael's father is all but stated to be a Mob boss. His side mission also contains a strong Shout Out to The Godfather.
- Naughty Nurse Outfit: Miss Cummings, the school nurse.
- Neat Freak: Monica.
- The Peeping Tom: Roger, who goes into the "secret room" and spies on the girls sleeping through a peephole. You catch him in the act.
- Rich Bitch: Annabelle.
- Shout Out:
- Social Darwinist: Nate.
- Take That:
- When asked to choose your name, the game tells you not to make it something stupid, because "ask the kid of any celebrity how that feels and you'll realise it's a bad idea."
- "Why do all the X-Factor winners get the Christmas Number One? Because they all sound the same!"
- In-universe, Zachary is a movie and pop culture geek whose purpose in life is to insult all the crap that crowds theaters and the pop charts.
- There are also a lot of jabs at Twilight and Lost.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Lesbian example — in the school database, it is strongly implied that Miss Minerva is dating a female student.
- Toilet Humor: Roger's fascination with his own... excrement.
- Moreover, there's an unlockable game mod that can make all NPCs pass gas every once in a while.
- Too Dumb to Live: Fred.
- Transparent Closet: The game never comes out and directly states that Miss Minerva is a lesbian, but it does everything it can to imply as much.
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: One mission has you racing an RC car on the football field. Also, the final mission contains a dancing game, a drinking game, and a fight with Nate built around quick-time events.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Guy wears an American flag bandanna on his head.
- Wild Teen Party: The climax is centered around one of these, held in the assembly hall after hours.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Terrence's green afro.