spawned a game and a movie
. Coincidentally, the DS game rocked.
This Game Provides Examples Of:
- Adaptation Distillation: Just about everything from the movie and a lot of stuff from the book, which the movie cut, is here. This includes Eragon's fight with Arya.
- Big Damn Heroes: Eragon saves Brom several times, including a Ra'zaac attacking Brom. Saphira saves them both quite a bit. The first three Saphira levels are her Big Damn Heroes Moments. Brom jumps in front of an attack Durza is doing, which kills him.
- Chekhov's Gun: There is a magic statue in Carvahall. Of course players who don't know what it is (read: just about everyone on there first playthrough) will soon forget about it.
- Difficulty Spike: As soon as you enter the forest.
- Disk One Nuke: The Bow and Arrow, because of the fact that you see enemies long before they see you.
- Doomed Hometown: More like doomed home. Your house gets burninated.
- Dual Wielding: Level up Za'raac enough and Eragon gets his dagger back.
- Fake Difficulty: The fight against Durza riding beast.
- First Town: Carvahall.
- Fetch Quest: Literally every Side Quest!
- Flunky Boss: The second Kull you face sends ravens to attack you.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: Arya.
- Jerkass: The twins.
- Lost Forever: Hadarac Desert.
- Noob Cave: The Spine. It only has wolves.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Eragon in the beginning.
- Puzzle Boss: The Ra'zaac.
- Samus Is a Girl: Eragon doesn't find out Saphira's gender until he kills his first kull.
- Scenery Porn: Quite a bit for a licensed game.
- Sheathe Your Sword: Played with. When Farthen Dur is under attack, to advance in the game you have to run away.
- Shifting Sand Land: Hadarac Desert.
- Ship Tease: Eragon and Katrina. No really.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Averted with Rocky Pass.
- Story And Gameplay Segregation: Five seconds away from home Eragon decides he won't get there in time.
- Teleport Spam: When you boss fight Durza, this is one of his main attacks.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Durza's beast.
- The Load: Brom
- The War Sequence: The Entrance To Trojeheim.
- The Worf Effect: Brom.
- Twenty Bear Asses: Ridiculous examples.
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: The Final Boss, Durza riding Beast.
- Useless Useful Spell: Telekinesis, Harden, and Dark Mist.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: You can shoot squirrels to kill them. You can also shoot the chickens in Therinsford. They explode.
- Welcome to Corneria: The only other thing NPC's do is send you on fetch quest.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Bava, after gathering her Urgal sashes.