YMMV Tropes in the Eragon Video Game
- Badass Decay: Brom sucks in this. He gets beaten up and dragged off by a wolf.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: When Brom is owned by a wolf.
- Bizarro Episode: Hadarac Desert. You never go back and there is no explanation for destroying the Urgal camps. On the other hand, you do meet Murtagh there.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Fighting giant Urgals, riding Saphira, and using the final weapon.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Brom Vs. Wolf. The wolf wins.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The theme while riding Saphira.
- Game Breaker: Bone Break.
- Narm: Quite a bit.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: Inverted with the DS version. Averted with all the other platforms. The aversion isn't saying much due to the Inheritance Cycle being Snark Bait.
- That One Boss: The first Kull and the second Razaac.
- That One Sidequest: The Second Dragon tower.
YMMV Tropes in the Eragon Movie:
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The score by Patrick Doyle may only feature one main tune, but it's a great tune.
- Ham and Cheese: This is the only explanation for Galbatorix's hamminess.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Largely the reason it's disliked by many fans.
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: Jeremy Irons.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The only saving grace of the film. Though justified because of Industrial Light and Magic and WETA.
- So Okay, It's Average: Those who haven't read the books can at least see this movie as a fun but flawed fantasy adventure movie, with great effects and dragons.
- Tear Jerker: The scene where Saphira lets a dying Brom fly with her so that he can truly be a Dragon Rider one last time is, despite the film's mixed reception, genuinely moving.
- WTH, Costuming Department?: A few characters are clearly wearing off-the-shelf blue jeans.