Video Game: Eterium
Eterium is a Wing Commander-like available on Steam. The humans, represented by the United Earth Alliance, are in a space war against the alien Revi Empire.
This game contains examples of:
- Animesque: The game's character artwork is very anime-style.
- Enemy Civil War: The Revi are actually split up into factions, and there are a lot of secret missions to maintain contact with the more-friendly ones.
- Expy: The Revi Empire is one to the Kilrathi, down to the color scheme - they even have a ship class named the Gril'kath similar to the Kilrathi Grikath!
- The Republic of Vega one to the Union of Border Worlds, complete with independence movement and being hated by some within the UEA.
- Captain Ross is one to Admiral Tolwyn - adversarial relationship with the hero at first sight, and irrational hatred of frontier people. However, he doesn't live long enough to embody any of the elements seen in Wing Commander 4.
- Ice Wind is one of Maniac - crazy pilots with an inflated sense of self. But Maniac followed Blair to the Union of Border Worlds, whereas Ice Wind betrays Banshee.
- Knight is one of Paladin - older veteran men with beards.
- Valkyrie is one of Angel - to the point of saying the line, "What is the point? I assume you have one?" similar to one of Angel's very first lines in Wing Commander 1.
- Ayame has some elements of Spirit - including the line "I am pleased to report that I have destroyed an enemy vessel." She also takes Angel's aspect of being Banshee's main partner and lover.
- Both of the mechanics have a physical resemblance to Rachel Coriolis.
- The Changdao-class heavy fighter has a similar cockpit and weapons loadout to the Longbow.
- Hypocritical Humor: Ice Wind complains about the lack of discipline of the militia pilots. He's the reincarnation of Maniac. Think about that for a second.
- La Résistance: The Republic of Vega, after the main campaign.
- Mêlée à Trois: The Republic of Vega, the UEA, and the Revi, by the end of the main campaign.
- Punctuation Shaker: The Revi Empire have a lot of apostrophes in their ship names and speech.
- You Are in Command Now: Captain Ross and many others on the bridge get killed by an ambush on the Canopus, so Athena is the next ranking officer alive to become Captain. Panther becomes CAG.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Athena has purple hair, Ice Wind has icy blue hair, and multiple characters have dark violet eyes.
- You No Take Candle: The Revi learn some basic taunts in English, such as "You... die... me... happy!"