- Actor Allusion: This isn't the first movie that Jeremy Irons has played in with dragons.
- Breakaway Pop Hit: "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne.
- Enforced Method Acting: Eragon's surprise when Brom comes up behind him when Eragon is looking through Brom's books for information about dragons.
- Franchise Killer: The film inexplicably altered so many plotlines and cut so much (even given it is based on a Door Stopper), including the entire Dwarf race, that a sequel based on the plot of the second book would have been impossible even if it wasn't an awful film.
- Stillborn Franchise: The movie was a critical failure and a financial disappointment. It also made it next-to-impossible to create a film of the second book due to discontinuity created by the first film, not to mention the number of ignored characters that would need to be introduced.
- What Could Have Been:
- Eragon is the final Hollywood film to be released on VHS.
Eragon video game:
- Urban Legend of Zelda: The non-existing secret sword, which has somehow attained this status.