Rytex* is a rather eccentric troper. He found TV Tropes when searching for information on My Immortal and My Inner Life due to an interest in badfics at the time. From there, he went on to become a regular contributor on the site.
Trope Pages Created:
Works Pages Created:
Works With Trope Pages:
Favorite Sports Teams (in a general order of preference)
- Arsenal FC
- Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Antonio FC
- Barcelona FC
- The United States Men's National Soccer Team
- The United States Women's National Soccer Team
- Boston Red Sox
- Texas Rangers
- San Francisco Giants
- New England Patriots
- San Francisco 49ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Boston Celtics
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Auburn Tigers
- Oklahoma Sooners
His Web PagesThe Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Sportsball, Star Wars, Red vs. Blue, RWBY, Star Trek, Final Fantasy, Harry Potter, Half-Life, GLaDOS, Portal, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Rocket League, Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Doctor Who, xkcd, Rick and Morty, Archer, Metroid, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. He writes Fan Fics. There are links to his pages above. Fanfiction.net, however, is old and mostly garbage (with the occasional good story). Feel free to ignore, or laugh at his earlier pathetic storytelling attempts. He often speaks in third person, as evidenced, and enjoys listening to good music. He is known for his vague references and currently has the death sentence on twelve systems.
This Troper shows examples of:
- Angrish: Say something that really pisses him off and he won't be able to properly form a sentence.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A notable trait in his style of humor.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Not severe, but he can wander off-topic.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: not a physical guy at all, but excels at strategy and management.
- Badass Bookworm: Loves to read and write.
- Belief Makes You Stupid: An unapologetic Christian, but goes out of his way to be an aversion, being an educated young man who programs, expresses disdain for those who play it straight, and geeks out about science.
- Burger Fool: Not at fast food, but formerly at retail.
- Cast Calculus:
- Character Alignment: Switches between Chaotic and Lawful, and between Good and Neutral a lot. Most often Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, as while he's a good guy, he can be incredibly dickish at times.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: No shortage of eccentricity, but has mellowed out in recent years.
- For the Evulz: Used to work retail. Would frequently antagonize unhelpful customers for no real reason.
- Grammar Nazi: He finds the term no longer funny given recent events, so he prefers the term "Grammar Gestapo," with Added Alliterative Appeal.
- It Amused Me: His rationale for half of the trollish things he does.
- Myers–Briggs: Introverted, Sensing/iNtuition, Thinking, Judging.
- Old Shame: Just about everything on his Fan Fiction.Net page. He keeps it around as a reminder of how far he's come, and he occasionally posts new things to it anyway.
- Rooting for the Empire: Despite being a good guy deep down, he's a big fan of the Trope Namer, and other such subjects.
- Shameless Self-Promoter: He has written three fanfics that he has been the one to put under the recommended fics section, and a page of one of said works that he created. No one has taken them off yet. Guess people just assume they're actually good.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Despite this, he doesn't hold a terribly high opinion of his own writing and frequently can be found being overly-critical of his own uploaded chapters.
- Signing-Off Catch-Phrase: "Rytex out. Have a good day!"
- Troll: If one knows him on Facebook, they won't be surprised to see him derailing political conversations by posting GIFs of Stephen Colbert with popcorn.
- You Make Me Sic: An unapologetic Grammar Gestapo, and will point out your grammatical errors if you make them.
- (I wanted to sneak something in down here, but couldn't think of anything. Also, don't you hate it when someone opens a parentheses without closing it?