- Author Existence Failure: Dave Stevens' cancer made it difficult for him to do any more comics.
- What Could Have Been: After the initial adventure in California, and one in New York, Dave Stevens' plan for the third story arc would have had Cliff meeting a character who was "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound." This team-up would have taken place on Halloween 1938, in Grover's Mill, NJ.
- Acclaimed Flop: The film did poorly at the box office (it didn't help it came out around the same time as Terminator 2: Judgment Day), but it was well-received and became a cult favorite thanks to video rentals and TV showings.
- Bad Export for You: Inverted: The European and Australian DVD releases have superior picture quality to the American DVD.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $40 million (not counting marketing costs). Box office, $46.7 million.
- The Danza: Jennifer Connelly as Jenny.
- Hey, It's That Place!: Sinclair lives in Ennis House, a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Los Angeles that's also seen in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the House on Haunted Hill (1999) remake.
- Romance on the Set: Lead actors Bill Campbell and Jennifer Connelly had a romance leading to a lengthy engagement, though they eventually called it off.
- Stillborn Franchise: There were plans for a trilogy, but they were sadly scrapped because of the lackluster box-office performance; it would be 25 years before plans of a sequel were announced.
- What Could Have Been: