- Author Existence Failure: Dave Stevens' cancer made it difficult for him to do any more comics.
- What Could Have Been: After the initial adventure in California, and one in New York, Dave Stevens' plan for the third story arc would have had Cliff meeting a character who was "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound." This team-up would have taken place on Halloween 1938, in Grover's Mill, NJ.
- Acclaimed Flop: The film did poorly at the box office (it didn't help it came out around the same time as Terminator 2: Judgment Day), but it was well-received and became a cult favorite thanks to video rentals and TV showings.
- Bad Export for You: Inverted: The European and Australian DVD releases have superior picture quality to the American DVD.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $40 million (not counting marketing costs). Box office, $46.7 million.
- The Danza: Jennifer Connelly as Jenny.
- Hey, It's That Place!: Sinclair lives in Ennis House, a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Los Angeles that's also seen in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the House on Haunted Hill (1999) remake.
- Romance on the Set: Lead actors Bill Campbell and Jennifer Connelly had a romance leading to a lengthy engagement, though they eventually called it off.
- Stillborn Franchise: There were plans for a trilogy, but they were sadly scrapped because of the lackluster box-office performance; it would be 25 years before plans of a sequel were announced.
- What Could Have Been:
- Johnny Depp was the Disney studio's preferred choice as Cliff Secord. His getting passed over was part of why he would eventually get cast as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- Other actors considered to star as Cliff Secord included Kevin Costner, Kurt Russell and Bill Paxton.