Funny: The Rocketeer
- Cliff donning the Rocketeer helmet. "How do I look?" Even though he made it, Peevy isn't very inspiring. "Like a hood ornament."
- There's also Cliff's first reaction to seeing the helmet: "He has got to be kidding...".
- Peevy hasn't dated since 1932, but apparently he hasn't needed to.
Peevy: (wistfully) Flora Maxwell. There wasn't any point datin' nobody after her.
- Peevy's idea for a quick fix, bubble gum!
- Cliff goes to pick up Jenny at her boarding house and is blocked at the door by the strict landlady:
- Cliff admits his secret identity to Jenny.
Cliff Secord: Jenny, prepare yourself for a shock: I'm the Rocketeer.
Jenny: The Rocke-who?
Cliff [frustrated]: Oh for crying out loud, haven't you read the papers?
Jenny: No, I've been working all day.
- One of the best parts happens near the climax. It's so cool watching the FBI AND gangsters working together. Even Eddie seems to realize this. Also counts as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Related to the above: Eddie and a fed have taken cover behind the same car, and are gunning down Nazis for all they're worth. Then, suddenly, they notice each other, stop, look at each other, where Eddie smiles at the fed, and go back to killing Nazis.
- Cliff's first flight after saving Malcolm at the airshow: he nearly falls to his death three times, flies through a clothesline, digs through a field, and finally skips across the surface of a creek to crash into a stop into the muddy bank. And after all that, he only has one thing to say to Peevy:
- During the climax of the film, The Rocketeer is climbing along the top of a Nazi zeppelin when the resident Giant Mook Lothar confronts him, knocking Cliff's pistol out of his hand. Cliff takes one look at his gigantic opponent...and immediately dives for his weapon.
- "Big Gopher!" And the guy next to that one was played by Tiny Ron aka Lothar.
- "It wasn't lies, Jenny. It was acting!"
- The Rocketeer, flying around inside the nightclub, in full How Do I Shot Web? mode. The sheer destruction is beautiful, in a way.
- "Easy Frankenstein, you ain't bulletproof."