- At the climax, when Cliff puts the helmet back on and is about to launch into the sky someone shines a spotlight on him. Of course it doesn't hurt that the American flag is right behind him.
- "Look! It's the Rocketeer!"
- Cliff has brought the jetpack to trade for Jenny's life, and he has a question.
Cliff: What's it like working for a Nazi, Eddie? Does he pay you in dollars or deutschmarks?
Neville: C'mon, Eddie. I'm paying you well. Does it really matter where the money comes from?
Eddie: It matters to me. I may not make an honest buck, but I'm 100% American. I don't work for no two-bit Nazi. Let the girl go!
- The mobsters proceed to cooperate with federal agents to defeat the Germans that show up.
- Cliff's debut as the Rocketeer, saving his friend Malcolm at the airshow. And afterwards, he soars through the sky near an airplane, amazing all the people on board.
- Jenny, an actress, gets kidnapped and actively seduced by her idol. She handles the situation pretty well.
Jenny (after luring him in close so she could brain him with a vase): I finally played a scene with Neville Sinclair.
- How does Cliff finally defeat Neville? He gives him the jetpack, after removing the good luck gum that's plugging the leak in the fuel tank.
- While the movie flamed out at the box office, its Cult Classic status has held up well-enough that Joe Johnston earned directorial duties on another retro adventure blockbuster virtually on the merits of this film alone, especially since they share similar traits (even down to Stupid Jetpack Hitler tropes).
- Not only that, but it was revealed on July 28, 2016, that it was finally getting a sequel.