Series: The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
This is what you get when you combine Jim Henson puppetry with Dr. Seuss characters, along with some CGI animation for the settings.It aired from 1996 to 1997 and lasted for two seasons.
- Art Evolution: The first season used regular sets and props, while the second season used a "digital backlot" with the puppets performing in front of a green screen and a CGI set dropped in afterwards.
- Ascended Extra: Quite a few characters, including the Little Cats (who appeared in The Cat In The Hat Comes Back), and Morton the Elephant Bird (who appeared without a name at the end of Horton Hatches The Egg).
- Clear My Name: The episode "The Snoozer".
- Evil Chancellor: In "The King's Beard", Yertle the Turtle acts as the trusted advisor for two different kings.
- No Fourth Wall: Mostly used in season 2.
- The Other Darrin: Mostly for sesaon 2, like Martin P. Robinson replacing Bruce Lanoil for the Cat in the Hat.
- Re Tool: The second season boasted a Two Shorts format, with a sub-plot involving The Cat in the Hat and the little cats from the second book serving as a Framing Device for each episode.
- Rhymes on a Dime
- You Mean Xmas: Jingle Day in "Mrs Zabarelli's Holiday Baton".