Series: The Story Of Tracy Beaker
A BBC children's programme that aired from 2002 to 2007, it is based on the popular books written by Jacqueline Wilson. The story revolves around the titular character of Tracy Beaker who lives in a care home and the events that follow. Most of the episodes revolve around Tracy fantasizing about the day her biological mother will come for her, as well as trying to find the perfect foster home in the meantime.The show lasted for 5 seasons and was followed by a sequel, Tracy Beaker Returns, focusing on Tracy as a young adult, along with a spin-off, The Dumping Ground.
Tropes that are in this series
- Alpha Bitch: Justine, Amber, Rebecca, Roxy.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Maxy, Ryan, Zac and Michael all disappear between seasons with no mention to their whereabouts.
- Enemy Mine: Tracy and Justine once teamed up to overthrow Elaine.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Tracy.
- In-Series Nickname: "Elaine the Pain", "The Dumping Ground".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Although Tracy is frequently rude, abrasive, vain and self-centred, she really is a good person at heart.
- Parental Abandonment: Some of the kids in the care home.
- Parental Substitute: Mike to Tracy, which is why she is hard hit when he decides to leave at the end of Season 1.
- Put on a Bus: Mike, Peter, Adele, Amber, Hayley, Duke, Jenny, Nathan, Louise, Marco, Milly and Chantal
- The Bus Came Back: For Mike, Shelley and Justine
- Race Lift: Elaine, who was illustrated white, is played by a British Indian actress.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.