Auction Kings is a reality TV show from the Discovery Channel
which began airing in 2010. It follows the auction house Gallery 63 and several of its employees through a week of collecting strange pieces and then selling them at the end of the episode. Think of Pawn Stars
, but in an auction house
. The cast includes:
- Bob Brown - Paul's father. Owns his own auction house, which specializes in antique furniture. Often brings pieces to Gallery 63 to sell that are too strange for his shop.
- Elijah Brown - Paul's son (and thus Bob's grandson). Occasionally seen helping out during the auctions. Has a A Day in the Limelight episode, where he learns about the auction business.
- Steve and Ernie Garrett - Independent pickers from Michigan. They often pick up pieces that Paul has noticed a demand for and then bring them to Gallery 63 to sell.
- Charles - Expert on foreign antiques.
- Dr. Lori – Expert brought in typically for historical pieces (except documents) and for pieces where the other experts wouldn't help.
- Jamie Breese - Expert in British artifacts. Has appraised everything from a revolutionary war cannon to a Rolls Royce.
- Kenneth - Expert on historical documents and books.
- Steven - Season 1's firearms expert.
- Sue - Paul's sister. Expert in antique furniture.
This series provides examples of:
You bought it!