Recap: The Simpsons S 11 E 14 Alone Again Natura Diddily
While enjoying a day at the NASCAR races, Homer's shirtless antics inadvertently cause the death of Ned Flanders' wife, Maude, and Flanders begins losing faith when Homer bungles his way to helping his depressed neighbor.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Ned's endowment◊ (which could be interpreted as either Homer using video special effects to entice women who watch his dating video or Ned actually having a large penis).
- Gilligan Cut: Ned tells his sons he won't attend church, saying "I'm going to sit right here and miss church. You just watch." Cut to Ned hurriedly driving, saying "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!"
- Parting Words Regret: Flanders regrets telling his wife "No foot longs" instead of "I love you" or something more meaningful.
- Tonight Someone Dies: The promos for "Alone Again, Natura-Diddily" literally asked: "Who will die?", and proceeding to list off a bunch of potential victims. Unfortunately, word got out before the episode aired that Maude would be the unfortunate one, so these promos didn't generate the expected suspense.
- Twenty One Gun Salute: In honor of the way Maude died, there's a twenty-one T-shirt-gun salute at her funeral.
- Wham Episode