Homer runs off to a South Pacific island to escape the wrath of PBS after promising them $10,000 during one of their pledge drives.
Tropes used in this episode:
- Beware the Silly Ones: The Muppets of Sesame Street.
Oscar: Give us the money, Homer!
Elmo: Elmo knows where you live!
- Didn't Think This Through: Homer agreeing to pay for PBS' pledge drive.
- "Good Luck" Gesture: In "Missionary: Impossible", Lisa Jr. crosses her fingers when she says she wants to give up gambling. She doesn't hide it behind her back so her wish is probably sincere and she really hopes to stop.
- No Ending: The plot of the episode is interrupted by a PBS-style plea from Betty White which pretty much ends the episode.
- Take That: At British Brevity.
"Not hard to see why it's England's longest running series, and today, we're showing all seven episodes."