Realizing that he's ugly after his face gets censored on the new Duff calendar, Moe gets plastic surgery and gets back at everyone who thought he was too ugly — which lands him a role on Springfield's most popular soap opera, It Never Ends. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa chase after Maggie's runaway pink elephant balloon.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Titania slept with Duffman so he would let her win a beer related contest. Too bad for her Duffman lied about that.
- Disproportionate Retribution: After the covering-up of his face on the new Duff calendar, Moe takes out his indignation on...Duff-Man, the Mascot.Duff-Man: (watering his lawn) That brown patch could use a little H20...OH YEAH!
(Moe pulls up, and gets out)
Moe: Let's see how you like having a sticker on your face! (slaps a sticker over Duff-Man's face big enough to cover it completely)
Duff-Man: Duff-Man can't breathe! Oh...no!
- Hollywood Homely: Discussed In-Universe by the producers of It Never Ends after rejecting Moe's audition.Producer: What were you thinking?Casting: Well, you said you wanted gritty. In other words, ugly.Producer: I wanted Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island ugly, not Cornelius on Planet of the Apes ugly. TV-ugly, not...ugly-ugly.note
- After plastic surgery makes him handsome, he wears an eyepatch on the show, which apparently makes him Hollywood Homely.
- Gag Boobs: Titania. She has extremely large breasts.
- Golden Snitch: Even though Titania appeared to be dominating beforehand, Moe ultimately wins the contest by doing the best in the Drunk Toss.Duff-Man: Now the final round, which counts for 98% of the total score, making the previous rounds a complete waste!
- Interrupted by the End: Moe questioning the outcome of the episode:Moe: When my face was crushed, why'd it go back to my old face? I mean, shouldn't it have turned into some third face that was different? It don't make no— ("Executive Producer: Mike Scully")
- Loophole Abuse: As his prize for winning a Duff-sponsored contest, Moe gets his face on the new Duff calendar. The company's executives don't want to show Moe's ugly face but, not allowed to go back on the terms of the contest, they merely cover it up with several stickers.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: When Moe realizes how ugly his photo is, Carl tries to console him.Moe: Am I really that ugly?Carl: Moe, it's all relative. Is Lenny really that dumb? Is Barney that drunk? Is Homer that lazy, bald, and fat?Moe: Oh, my God, it's worse than I thought!(Moe, Lenny, Barney, and Homer start sobbing)Carl: (to camera) See, this is why I don't talk much.
- The Other Darrin: In-universe. Moe replaces the actor who portrays Dr. Tad Winslow in a soap opera.
- Show Within a Show: A soap opera titled "It Never Ends".
- Status Quo Is God: In the end, a set piece falls on top of Moe's face, undoing the plastic surgery. Lampshaded later on as Moe wonders why his face hadn't turned into something completely different.
- Tempting Fate: After being fired from the soap opera "It Never Ends", Moe says he doesn't need the role because his beautiful face can get him any role in Springfield. A set piece then falls on his face, reverting it back to its pre-surgery self.