Apu and Manjula become the parents of octuplets thanks to Manjula ingesting fertility pills (some of which were given to her by Dr. Hibbert and The Simpsons), and when the initial media frenzy blows over, their only hope for financial aid is allowing the kids to become a zoo attraction.
- Adam Westing / Former Child Star: Butch Patrick, who still dresses like Eddie Munster as an adult.
- And the Rest: Mr. Kidkill is only able to come up with creative costumes and entrances for four of the eight babies; he announces the remaining four as "the rest".
- Anti-Role Model: "Kids are a blast, Apu. You can teach 'em to hate the same things you hate. And they practically raise themselves, what with the internet and all."
- Babies Make Everything Better: Apu and Manjula thought they would. They were wrong. Very, very wrong.
- Big "NO!": Homer does one, when Apu tries to offer Marge and him one of the Octuplets, before stopping Marge from taking it.
- Captain Obvious: When Homer comes across the hardware store mascot, Allen Wrench, he observes: "He's named after what he is."
- A Day in the Limelight: This episode focuses more on Apu and Manjula than it does The Simpsons. Lampshaded with the car ride where we see all the adventures The Simpsons have been on in the nine months that Manjula was pregnant (Marge got a job as Sideshow Marge, Bart learned the true meaning of Columbus Day and winter, and Lisa became popular in school, but blew it all by becoming conceited).
- Gone Horribly Right: Well the fertility pills did work, didn't it not?
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Not only Apu and Manjula's octuplets but also the nine babies born to a Shelbyvillian couple.
- Noodle Incident: See A Day in the Limelight.
- It is never explained exactly why Lisa and the rest of the school hate the Popli kids.
- Not Helping Your Case: Butch Patrick insists that being in the spotlight as a kid didn't warp him one bit... while dressed as Eddie Munster.
- Plot Hole: At the restaurant in the mall, Homer builds a Lego four forks in one item and eats what appears to be meat from his family's plate, which makes little sense given that Lisa is a vegetarian.
- In-Universe, when Homer has written a script to help Apu and Manjula get pregnant which portray the couple as a pair of teenagers having their first time before the boy goes away, the explanations he has for his leaving are going to college, being shipped off to the Vietnam War and a bone-digging expedition.
- Tempting Fate: Mr. Kidkill reveals where the octuplets will be working:Apu: The zoo?
Kidkill: What? Everybody loves my zoo. You don't love my zoo? I dare you to look at a kangaroo and not laugh. I dare you.
(the animals have long frowns on their faces)
Kidkill: Well, they're usually funnier.
- Unfortunate Names: Mr. Kidkill
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Not only that but, why did the snake-like robots have to be full of poison?