Recap: The Simpsons S 5 E 19 Sweet Seymour Skinners Baadasssss Song
Episode - 1F18
First Aired - 4/28/1994
In the 100th episode (in broadcast order. The season six episode "Lisa's Rival" is the 100th to be produced if one where to put all the episodes in order based on their production codes), Bart's latest hijinks get Principal Skinner fired, and Bart, for the first time in his life, feels bad about what he's done. While Bart befriends Seymour, Flanders is chosen as the new school principal, which throws the entire student body into chaos.
This episode contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: Bart suggests Skinner get out of the army by making a pass at his CO. Skinner's reply: "Done and done. And I mean done."
- Bait and Switch: Tough-looking guy Leopold scared the students by giving them the impression he'd replace Skinner as the Principal. Then he stepped aside and announced Ned Flanders as the new Principal.
- Blatant Lies: At first, Bart used to be sent to Principal Flanders' office eleven times a week. He started being sent there once every half hour after Principal Flanders started offering peanut butter cups and Bart suggested it to be a coincidence.
- Comically Missing the Point/Epic Fail: When Skinner was at a laundromat, three bullies stole his underwear and told him he couldn't do anything about it. His response was stating he could buy new underwear. Then he opened his wallet and found out he couldn't.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Flanders is fired as school principal not for letting the children run wild, but for leading the school in a moment of prayer, because "God has no place [in a public school], just as facts have no place in an organized religion."
- It's Been Done: Skinner tells Bart about his idea to write a book about a dinosaur-filled amusement park. Apu is not pleased.
I finally have time to do what I've always wanted: write the Great American Novel
. Mine is about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques. I call it "Billy and the Cloneasaurus
- Kick Me Prank: Bart and Skinner depart after a nice hug. After they part, it is revealed when they hugged Bart put a "Kick Me" sign on Skinner's back and Skinner put a "Teach Me" sign on Bart's back.
- Milestone Celebration: This is the show's 100th episode. Spoofed by the chalkboard gag where Bart writes, "I will not celebrate meaningless milestones."
- Shout-Out: The title refers to the genre-defining Blaxploitation film Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song.