Airdate: October 29, 1997In the first Halloween episode, Kenny gets crushed by the MIR space station and comes back to life as a zombie (thanks to a morgue accident involving Worcestshire sauce and embalming fluid), causing a Zombie Apocalypse, which the town thinks is a pinkeye epidemic. Meanwhile, Cartman gets in trouble for wearing a Adolf Hitler costume to school and Stan breaks up with Wendy after she goes to school dressed as Chewbacca rather than Raggedy Ann.
"Pinkeye" contains examples of:
- Adolf Hitlarious: Cartman dresses up as Hitler for Halloween. All the others call him out for it. The school council forces him to watch a documentary about Hitler to school him, but it is a very shallow one that just tells the audience that Hitler was "a very naughty man", without explaining why. As a result Cartman likes Hitler even more and imagines himself in his place.
- Badass: The boys (minus Kenny) when they're chainsawing zombies to buy Kyle time to call the Worcestshire Sauce hotline.
- Establishing Character Moment: Cartman's love for Adolf Hitler begins in this episode.
- I Was Young and Needed the Money: What Mrs. Cartman said to Cartman about being on the cover of Crack Whore Magazine. Stan and Kyle quickly say that it was this month's issue.
- Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Parody: Once Chef becomes a zombie he dances along with the other zombies and is dressed in Jackson's outfit. Instead of the actual song, there's a Suspiciously Similar Substitute with (this being Chef) lyrics about making love.
- Mathematician's Answer: When Chef sees Eric dressed as Hitler.Chef: What in the Hell are you doing dressed like that?!Cartman: Eating Kenny's pudding.
- No Ontological Inertia: Played gruesomely straight. Killing the zombified Kenny magically turns all of the other undead denizens of South Park back to normal. Too bad it doesn't bring them back to life.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Because the school doesn't accept Cartman wearing a Hitler costume he is forced to change his outfit. The principal makes him a ghost costume, which unfortunately doesn't make him look less offensive, because now he looks like a member of the KKK.
- Patient Zero: Kenny McCormick becomes a zombie due to an accident at the morgue and spreads the infection throughout South Park.
- Really Gets Around: Mrs. Cartman's promiscuity was further established in this episode and it's also mentioned that she's on the cover of Crack Whore Magazine.
- Shout-Out: Zombie Chef's song and the dance routine is a parody of Thriller by Michael Jackson.
- Zombie Chef opening his jacket and going "OOOOOOOOH!" is from the music video of Michael Jackson's song "Black and White".
- Skewed Priorities: When the boys, save Kenny (who is a zombie) are told by Chef about the zombie attack on the town, they immediately come to the conclusion that if everyone's a zombie, there'll be no way for them to get candy from trick-or-treating.
- Stylistic Suck: The video about Adolf Hitler being a naughty man.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny is crushed by the MIR space station and due to the morgue accident involving Worcestshire sauce, is revived as a zombie. At the end of the episode, he's killed to end the zombie attack since he was the start of it. And then after being buried, he rises from the dead only to be crushed by a statue and a plane.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Stan gives Wendy an earful after she doesn't go as Raggedy Ann when they were going to go as Raggedy Andy and Ann together but she decided to go for the Chewbacca costume. They make up after the zombie attack is over.
- Would Hurt a Child: Invoked when Chef says, "Remind me to whup your ass good next time I see you," to Cartman. Justified since Cartman was (unknowingly) dressed as a Klansman.