Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 11 Last Of The Wild Horses
Film watched: Last of the Wild Horses
- And Now For Something Completely Different: The Mads riffed the first part of the film!
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: As Evil!Servo is being carried into the theater:
Evil!Servo: Let me go! You shall die! I'll have you killed! And then tortured! Let me go! Let...Oh, hey, a cowboy movie!
- Beard of Evil: Evil Mike
- Bizarro Episode: Due to the ion storm and an atom transfer Tom and Gypsy are put in an alternate dimension where Forrester and Frank are the guinea pigs and Mike and Crow are the evil scientists.
- Continuity Nod: When the Mads are the one being experimented on they sing their take on the "Joey the Lemur" song - which disturbs Servo.
Servo: THERE ARE NO LEMURS IN THIS FILM!
- Distracted by the Sexy: When Remedy has trouble extracting Curly's tooth, the tomboyish Terry appears in something more feminine. Curly notices, & then his tooth gets yanked out.
Servo: Wow! Frontier dental hygienist!
- Hurricane of Toilet Humor: After the guys mishear "Charlie Cooper" as "Johnny Pooper", the jokes pretty much write themselves:
Crow (imitating newspaper headline):
"Pooper Held as Probe
- Large Ham: Everyone in the "Evil" universe, except for Frank and Forrester.
- Mirror Universe
- Mondegreen: The gang mishears "Charlie Cooper" as "Johnny Pooper", leading to one of the episode's Crowning Moment of Funny:
- Mr. Fanservice: Mike in a goatee and sleeveless gold lamé. And Evil.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Trace unfortunately uses his Crow voice during the riffing, so it still doesn't quite feel like Dr. F in the theater.
- Running Gag: "______s of the Ooooooold West!"
- Self-Deprecation/Old Shame: Mike and the bots find the "Joey the Lemur" song to be extremely annoying.
- Shout-Out: "Evil" Crow's scream of "Die Die Die Die Die Die Die DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!" during his attempted murder of "Evil" Mike is done To The Tune Of the Star Trek "Fight music"
- Smart Ball: In the intro sequence Mike programs the Bots to have different regional speech patterns. He's not the tech guy like Joel and admits it's the only thing he knows.
- In another example of the Mirror Universe at work, the usually-dim Gypsy is actually the first to realize what's gone wrong when she and Servo find themselves in Deep 13 with Evil!Mike and Evil!Crow.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Both Good!Frank and Crow read "Double C Ranch" as "Double Cranch."
- Take That: The regional dialect thing was directed at somebody.
Mike: Okay there's a point where it stops being a regional accent and just plain stupid.
Crow: Irregardless of that *cue commercial break*.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Forrester's response when Crow questions the wisdom of using the matter transference device during an ion storm.
- Whole Plot Reference: The host segments are a straight Shout-Out to the "Mirror, Mirror" episode of Star Trek, right down to the Agonizers and evil goatees.
"Ha ha ha!"