Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 17 Beginning Of The End
Film watched: Beginning of the End
The MST3K presentation provides examples of:
- Department of Redundancy Department: Crow's screenplay about Peter Graves. Fifteen acts were devoted to reminding people that Graves went to the University of Minnesota.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: A lot regarding Peter Graves.
Servo: "If you could see my hands right now, you'd be horrified!"
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Mike and the Bots discover The Mads are these, resulting in a bit of Brain Bleach all round.
- Idiot Ball:
Servo: Hey Diane Arbus, maybe you want to, oh, I donít know, take a picture!?
- The Mountains of Illinois: The MST 3 K episode is the Trope Namer.
- Nausea Fuel: Crow finds the bizarre transition effects in the credits to be this. Mike doesn't really help.
Honey, do you think you could keep down some 7-Up
and soda crackers? Crow:
*gag* no... Mike:
Some lukewarm pork? Crow:
I'm sorry, I'm sorry...
- Noodle Implements: As the general asks what Wainwright needs for his proposed locust trap:
Tom: A tennis ball, an accordion and a picture of Don Ameche!
- Overly-Long Gag: Crow being nauseated by the credits. By the end, Tom yells "One more time!"
"All right, men, into the woods."