Music: Falling In Reverse
Left to right: Jacky, Ronnie, Ryan, Derek, Mika.
Falling In Reverse is a post-hardcore band from Las Vegas, Nevada. They were officially formed when their lead singer Ronnie Radke — former vocalist from Escape the Fate
— was released from prison in 2011. They released their debut album later that same year.
The band is notorious for the drama surrounding their lead singer and their rivalry with Escape the Fate
. Ronnie Radke was arrested in 2008 following run-ins with the law over narcotics possession and battery charges for a fight that left an eighteen year old dead. Whether Radke was asked to leave the band or was fired, either way, some bad blood seems to have come out between the rest of the band and Radke.Members:
- Ronnie Radke - Vocals
- Max Green - Bass
- Jacky Vincent - Guitar
- Derek Jones - Guitar
- Ryan Seaman - Drums
- Nason Schoeffler - Bass
- Scotty Gee - Drums
- Mika Kazuo Horiuchi - Bass
- Ron Ficarro - Bass
- The Drug In Me Is You (2011)
- Fashionably Late (2013)
- Just Like You (2015)
Tropes associated with Falling In Reverse:
- Boastful Rap: Alone.
- Calling The Old Woman Out: From Ronnie's album thanks; "Oh yeah and one more person... my mother. Fuck you."
- Crunkcore: Fashionably Late is essentially this. Mind-bogglingly, the album was quite popular among its target audience despite crunkcore having been declared Deader Than Disco several years prior to its release.
- Domestic Abuse: The focus of their song "Pick Up The Phone".
- Even the Guys Want Him: Ronnie.
- Fanservice: In the "Drug In Me Is You" music video.
- Intercourse with You: "Good Girls, Bad Guys" and Red Alert.
- It's All About Me: A LOT of Falling In Reverse's lyrics are this to Ronnie Radke, talking about how much better he and the new band are than Escape the Fate and how he is the "king of the music scene", apparently.
- Jerkass: Ronnie Radke, if this video is anything to go by. Several other people, including fans themselves, have even called him out on this. The incident where he threw a mic stand into the crowd at a show at Six Flags Great Adventure and managed to both send several people to the hospital and get heavier acts permanently banned from being booked at the park did not help matters.
- His choice of lyrical content is all you need to know Ronnie is a bit of a jerk, with lines like "They'll call me king of the music scene"
- Large Ham: Ronnie.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: All of them, but especially Ronnie for most fangirls.
- Mr. Fanservice: Especially Ronnie and Jacky.
- Multicolored Hair: Mika's new 'do is bright red, reminiscent of Gerard Way's atomic red dye job.
- Ronnie went for this in 2014, having similar bright red hair with shaved sides. He later dyed it black again.
- New Sound Album: Fasionably Late
- Parental Abandonment: Ronnie's mom left him and his brother when they were young.
- He finally met her again in November 2013.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "I'm Not A Vampire"
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll: The focus of many of their songs, since they were apparently written by Ronnie while he was in jail and going through rehab. However, he is currently very much sober, and as much can be assumed for the other band members.
- Take That: Most of their first album, especially songs like "Caught Like A Fly", "Tragic Magic," and "Raised By Wolves", seem to be a huge Take That to Escape the Fate, with lyrics like "I just learned that my fate is something I can't escape", "This war is mine" (in response to ETF's album This War Is Ours), and "I dug a hole ten miles wide, so I could throw all of you inside."
- This was, by the way, part of the most vicious feud in Rock music since Metallica and Megadeth. It got to the point where people were getting in fights or thrown out at their shows for wearing the other band's shirt. Finally ended in 2013 after Craig and Ronnie announced a mutual tour.
- Take That, Critics!: "Alone."
- Unexpected Character: Noone expected Max to leave Escape the Fate in 2014 and join Falling in Reverse 3 days later. He didn't bother telling them he was leaving either.
- Word Salad Lyrics: Especially "The Drug In Me Is You".