Memes: Mystery Science Theater 3000
WE'VE GOT MEME SIGN!
- "Dull Surprise!"— Explanation
- Oh, They Just Didn't Care Explanation
- Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Explanation
- EARL HOLLIMAN!
- The The X. Explanation
- "He tampered in God's domain." Explanation
- "How much Keefe is in this movie?" "Miles O'Keefe!" Explanation
- The Sampo! Explanation
- The words that Joel and the bots sing to the music at Lemminkäinen's wedding..
- Watch out for snakes! Explanation
- "LEAVE THE BRONX! LEAVE THE BRONX! You are ordered to LEAVE THE BRONX!" Explanation
- On this wiki, at least: The Toblerone. Explanation
- "Rowsdower!" Explanation
- Rowsdower saves us and saves all the wooooorld!!! Explanation
- Sing it with me now! "This is the song written for the train chase, this is the chase, Rocky and Ken. HE TRIIIIIEEEDDDD TO KILL ME WITH A FORKLIFT...! Explanation
- "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha... YOU'RE STUCK HERE!"Explanation
- "Cigar, kid?"
Gamera vs. Guiron
- Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat, we'll be eating Gamera! Explanation
- "Whenever I sing, I sing." Explanation
Godzilla vs. Megalon
- "HE CRIMEFIGHTING COVERS UP A BASIC INSECURITY" Explanation
- "They took out the Hitler building!" Explanation
- "He learned too late that man is a feeling creature and because of this the greatest in the universe..." Explanation
- "Rock climbing, Joel." Explanation
- MASTER NINJA THEME SONG!
- Fans love to represent the oddly stilted speech of Torgo from "Manos" The Hands of Fate (including Mike Nelson's impersonations of him) bY rANdoMLy cAPitALIzInG lEttErS.
- The Master would not approve.
- The haunting "Torgo Theme". Explanation
- "There is no way out. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out. iT'lL Be DaRk SoOn!"
- Rock n' roll Martian! Rock n' roll Martian!
Crow (as Merlin): "Remember to believe in magic. Or I'll kill you."
- You're welcome!
- "The Book!" "DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DA DOOT!!"
- "MY GOD, DAVID!"
- The show's treatment of Pod People spawned the famous "Potato Soliloquy". Explanation
- And [puts thumb and index in the OK position] IT STINKS! Explanation
- Trumpy, you can do stupid things! Explanation
- Beastmaster? Ringo? Axel? Sinead? Chief? McCloud! Explanation
- Puma Man! He flies like a moron! Explanation
- When you want the flavor of bacon in a dip!
- He has the power to rear-project major cities! Explanation
- The dinosaurs died out because they didn't know how to love each other.
- Are pumas known for their whining? Explanation
- Every great hero just wants to be left alone!
- I get this way when I sense danger. Explanation
- "Prince of Space, sir!"
- "Your weapons have no effect on me!" Explanation
- Each! Of! You! Will! Enter! A! Space! Capsule! Explanation
- We like it very much.
- "Heeeeeeh heeeeeeh heeeeeeh!"Explanation
- I'm Cherokee Jack! Explanation
- Shove off! Explanation
- YOU shove off! Explanation
- "NO, LUPITA!" Explanation
- And good old-fashioned Nightmare Fuel. Explanation
- Dropo, you're the laziest man on Mars! Explanation
- Drop 'em, Dropo!
- "Have yourself a Patrick Swayze Christmas" Explanation
- Everything about this movie, especially the many names of David Ryder, seen here.
- This has gone to such a level that all of the names used are usually taken on any popular MMO. Quite an achievment since there are over thirty of them.
- Railing Kill! Explanation
- Ow! My mask! Explanation
- "Listen, lady!" "Doctor!" "Doctor lady!" Explanation
- Mr. Beardsley! MR. BEARDSLEY!
- You gonna be the WORM FACE!
- "TOR-CHAR!!!" Explanation
- This is absolutely fascinating... Explanation
- TUSK! Explanation
- You is a wurwilf/warwelf/worwilf/waerweilf! Explanation
- EEND! EEEEEEEEEND!!!Explanation
- HI-KEEBA! Explanation
A Case of Spring Fever
- NOOOOOOOO SPRRIIIIIINGS! A-hee-hee-hee-hee!
Are You Ready For Marriage
- "Where did the rubber band go!?!?" Explanation
A Date With Your Family
- "Dad, I had a feeling today." "Well, DON'T, son." Explanation
- Why don't they look?Explanation
- Uh, Mr. B, what would you know about dignity?
- "Mr. B, you're HOT!" Explanation
Gumby in: Robot Rumpus
- Gumby was nude!
- This way we don't have to hire illegal immigrants.
- That really squares my breasts.
- "Dinobot has spoken. My rigid grill structure is coming in on your unprotected cargo door." Explanation
- We have to mention... Crow: You know you want me, baby! Explanation
- Nobody understands me baby ... I'm the wind!
- Mike broke the Hubble! Mike broke the Hubble!Explanation
- DEEP HURTING...DEEEEEEEEEP HURTIIIIIIIING~
- SANDSTOOORM ... SANDSTOOOOOORM
- In a more meta sense, the show help popularize the concept of MSTing itself, though it's been around for years before the show.
- Speaking of which, MSTing made "The Long March" palatable, and "The Long March" led to its own fountain of memes, such as (X despite the name), in a reference to "Ashley Montagu (Jewish despite the name)".
- All over the world! Explanation
- Think about it, won't you? Thank you.
- You're not my real father! Explanation
- Push the button, Frank.
- I am the button.
- Jack Perkins and Peter Graves even more than they were before.
- Jack Perkins' main feature, according to this show, is his tendency towards trailing off his monologues with long rambling anecdotes—Perkins has never done this in real life, but to hear MST fans talk you'd never know it.
- "Crow Syndrome" which is far more common in MiSTings than it ever was in the show. Crow (or some other character, what matters is that it's always the same one) will make an especially insensitive or off-color joke and will be reprimanded with a shout of "Crow!"
- Bite me- it's fun!
- A collision course with WACKINESS!
- And remember... Keep Circulating the Tapes.