Funny: The Ren & Stimpy Show
The Ren and Stimpy Show, surprisingly, has some gloriously funny moments amongst all the Nightmare Fuel.
- This classic scene from "Stimpy's Fan Club."
- I AM ADONIS! LORD OF CHAOS!
- DINNER, DINNER! HURRY UP, BOY, I! WANT! MY! DINNER!
- "Space Madness" has some of the absolute best moments, with Ren's descent into madness ("It is not I who am crazy. It is I who am mad!") and the ultimate Schmuck Bait, the History Eraser Button.
- DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP TAPPING LIKE THAT, YOU BLOATED SACK OF PROTOPLASM?!?!?!?!!!
- I've had this ice cream bar since I was a CHILD! People ALWAYS TRYING TO TAKE IT FROM ME!!! WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOONEEEE????
- 'DON'T MAKE ME USE THIS!!!! ONE STEP CLOSER, I"M WARNING YA!!
- ALL RIGHT, THAT'S IT! YOU! FORCED ME TO USE THIS (starts brushing teeth)
- The narrator incessantly yelling at Stimpy, asking if he was going to push the button, eventually SMACKING STIMPY WITH HIS BUTT AS HE YELLED THE WORDS?!
- Just try to watch that shot without smiling. It's impossible.
- The shot with Stimpy with a toaster on his head.
- The nubby-looking spacesuit Ren was wearing on the shot of the planet.
- Stimpy slapping Ren's ass with a towel, and Ren says in a totally wussy tone, "Hey, cut it out!" in a way that's so not like him.
- Ren: "...chicken pot piiiieee.....chocolate covered RAISINS.....glaaaazed hammmm.....ohhh ohhhh...."
- The Large Ham narrator who introduces the show.
- "In the amazing year four hundred billion!"
- "Okay, space cadets! Prepare to hurtle through the cosmos! In today's turgid episode!"
- DON'T TOUCH IT!! IT'S THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON, YOU FOOL!!
Cadet Stimpy: S-so what'll happen?Captain Ren: That's just it! We don't know! Maaaybe something bad? Maaaaybe something good? I guess we'll never know!! Cuz you're going to guard it! You won't touch it, will you?
- "Oh no! I know what you want! You coveteth my ice cream bar!"
- The anthem of the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen, sung to the tune of "My Country Tis Of Thee"/"God Save The Queen".
- Our country reeks of trees/Our yaks are reeeeeally large!/And they smell like rotting beef carcasses...
- And we have to clean up after them/And our saddle sores are the best/We proudly wear women's clothing/and searing sands blow up our skirts!
- And the buzzards, they soar overhead/And poisonous snakes will devour us whole/And our bones will bleach in the sun!
- And we will probably go to (fart noise)/And that is our great reward/For being the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen!
- After singing, everyone throws their hats, kilts, and intestines in the air.
- YMMV on this one, but the yak getting annoyed by Stimpy's singing and screaming, "SHUT UP!!!! I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! ALL THE TIME, SINGING, SINGING! WHY WON'T HE STOP?!?!?!" before his real freakout.
- "Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY..."
- "I don't think you're happy enough."
- "I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
- "If'n you ain't the granddaddy of all liars!"
- "I told ya I'd shoot! Butcha didn't believe me! WHY DIDN'T YA BELIEVE ME?!"
- The look of demented joy on Ren's face as he bashes himself in the head with a hammer to destroy the happy helmet.
- The little dance routine Stimpy does with his glutes toward the end of the song.
- Ren's reaction when Stimpy reveals how the stay-put socks work. They're full of glue.
- "You filthy swine! I WILL KILL YOU!!"
- Ren and Stimpy meeting Wilbur Cobb in "Stimpy's Cartoon Show".
- "Shhh! The walls have teeth! Us I-talians have to stick together, ya know."
- "World War I. So there I was, up to my elbows in Nazis. But don't get me wrong. I'll eat just about anything, so long as it is easy to swallow."
- "By the way, you should get out more."
- Stimpy's cartoon "I Like Pink" in said episode. Pretty much the whole thing.
- From "Insomniac Ren": "Sleep...maybe I'm too smart to sleep... Yes... that's it... Stimpy's asleep and he's an idiot!" Gotta love Ren's screwed up demented logic.
Stimpy: Once upon a time, the sky grew black as blood.(One hour later)Stimpy: And the last word he spoke as his head rolled across the floor was... "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" And they lived happily ever after!
- Ren's annoyance at Stimpy keeping him awake.
- "You didn't jiggle the handle did ya? Get back in there and JIGGLE IT!"
- Stimpy snoring.
- Ren trying to plug up Stimpy's mouth with things to keep him quiet but it fails.
- "For the last time! I! Want You! To Be! QUIET!!!!!!"
- "Ren's taking a coma."
- Stimpy's attempt at telling Ren and story.
Ren: How am I supposed to sleep with all this peaceful dreaming going on?!?
- Ren hijacking Stimpy's dream and beating him up.
- Stimpy's incoherent babbling in Blazing Entrails.
"I'M NOT OKAY! I'M NOT OKAY!""I wanna banana, Ivana...""Diddle diddle fiddle piddle poodle piddle poodle racky sacky want some seafood mama.""You'll never wander all the rest are peanut butter set the passage you know it has the rose bowl."
- Stimpy's constant spasms in the same episode.
- Firedogs!, where a fat, middle-aged housewife in a burning building tosses various heavy objects onto Ren, including a comically oversized baby ("Save my baby! Save my horse! Save my walrus!"), then shrieks "Save me!" as Stimpy sends Ren up the fire truck ladder at high speed.
- Stimpy telling Ren he has to do "number three," from "My Shiny Friend."
Ren: Heh heh... why, I can't remember the last time I did number three. (beat) NUMBER THREE?!?!?!
Ren: Now, see here, that's my dinner!(Stimpy and the three firemen turn to him, and tell him to "shh" as they go back to watching the TV show)
- Earlier, Stimpy watches a cooking show and attempts to cook a chicken. Of course, this being Stimpy, he starts a fire. Ren hears a knocking on the door, totally ignoring the fire himself, and opens it...only to be run over by three firemen who just kicked down his door. When he gets up to view the commotion, he looks at Stimpy—and now the three firemen-still watching TV, eating the chicken. But here's the kicker:
- Hair of the Cat. All of it, especially Stimpy trying to pronounce "phenomenon".
- "So, you whizzed on the electric fence, didn't ya?"
- The entirty of the fake "Don't Whiz On The Electric Fence" board game ad. The jingle alone is hilarious if only for how incredibly cheery it is!
- "Next...I'm gonna...tttTEAR your arms out at the socket!"
- "I'm gonna hit ya, and you're gonna fall, and I'm gonna look down, and I'm gonna laugh."
- How are we forgetting every scene involving Sven himself?! Sven Hoek is a hilarious episode thanks to Ren's lovable idiot cousin, Sven- whose basically just a Swedish, chihuahua version of Stimpy. His voice is hilarious, he looks funny... Special mention goes to Sven counting during "Hide and Seek" with the numbers out of order, and randomly saying "Fjord!" in place of a number.
- My dinosaur droppings! PAINTED LIKE EASTER EGGS!!!
- YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU! BOTH OF YOOOOOU!!!! *violently poking Sven in the eye*
- AHHHHHHH!!!!! YEW EEDIOTS!
- But first...FIRST...I gotta take a whiz!
- Oh, you like the game, huh?! Well, how do you like THEES!!! (zips down and pees on the electric fence)
- A scene from "Rubber Nipple Salesmen" involving Mr. Horse is simultaneously this and Nightmare Fuel. It's a truly horrifying scene, but it's also laugh-out-loud hilarious. Especially since Mr. Horse is acting so out of character.
Mr. Horse: All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE! Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?! Maybe I should make another mistake! Maybe TWO more!Ren: Please sir! I think one mistake is plenty! Just let me show you what's inside here!Mr. Horse: *throws hands up* Don't do it, man! I'm not armed!Ren: We really just want to sell you some rubber nipples! See?Mr. Horse: Oh...it is a nipple. *laughs good-naturedly* Oh, what you must think of me.
- The walrus. The man with rubber nipples on his knees. "My dream... is that someday, people everywhere will know the wonders of my nipples!" The whole. Damn. Episode!
- "Neeeh.. Some day, I want to be just as good of a salesman as YOU, Ren!" Stimpy says happily, to a smashed Ren. Ren slaps him.
- Then there's Mr. Horse's appearance in "Out West": "So. It's the old steal-the-horse bit again, is it? All right, let's do it. If we have to."
- Ren's reactions to Stimpy sculpting the heads of Santa Claus and Fidel Castro on the Lincoln Memorial in "An Abe Divided" always makes me laugh.
- "DO IT AGAIN!!"
- Any time either of the main characters scream. Billy West and John Kricfalusi have the most epic screams of terror in cartoon history.
- Not to mention the most epic psychotic laughter, although that's all Billy — John couldn't get the laugh to sound quite nightmarish enough.
- "Hey! I don't need three butts!"
- Ren's reaction after reading a letter about one of Stimpy's fans who still wets his bed: "You... MAKE ME SICK! YOU PROBABLY WET THE BED ON PURPOSE!"
- The Haunted House and Fake Dad episodes. From the first, we have the bloody head fairy, the yak tenderizing his food, the ghost killing himself and coming back as a fat black guy. The the second, we have Kowalski, a 9 year old "kid" on what is basically a Big Brother/Big Sister ripoff. Kowalski is serving a 36 year prison sentence for crimes on humanity... and oh hell, here's a picture of him◊
- The majority of "Mad Dog Hoek".
- FLYING BUTT PLIERS!
- "HEY REN! Pretending to wrestle is the funnest thing ever!"
- "WE WILL HAVE! OUR! REVEEEEEEEEENGE!"
- Stimpy's "I Like Darren!" rant is an odd example of this and Nightmare Fuel. Especially towards the end, where he's screaming his lines out like a madman, his voice has an echo effect, and the music is all crazy.
- His tongue is ripped off while he screamed.
- Extra funny is how Ren who's normally rather Ax-Crazy tries to calm down a raging Stimpy who's normally rather calm but gets shoved away.
- Ren & Stimpy try to rob a bank with a missile.
Stimpy: Give us a full tank of gas, we're flying this bird to Cuba!
- The cartoon in Stimpy's Cartoon Show, starring Explodey and Poopy. It really has to be seen to be believed.
- Ren auditioning a Classically Trained Extra as a potential replacement for Stimpy during the Sidekicks strike.
"Can you play Stimpy?""I played Stimpy FOR THE QUEEN!"
- There was also one replacement, a hillbilly, who really wanted to direct.
- In "I Love Chicken" Stimpy falls in love with a chicken.
- "GRINDY GRINDY GRINDY"
- "Well next time you're hungry, I'll trust you not to cook my wife!"
- Stimpy saying "Let me spell you for it, mister", followed by letters spelling the word "mister" appearing above Ren's head.
- The tear gas scene in "In The Army." Especially to someone who's been through tear gas training. Stimpy's wild takes are pretty much what tear gas really does to you.
- The "Log" commercials.
- In "Road Apples", all the characters are sleeping on the large bed. Their snoring is keeping Red awake. Ren complains, "Everybody's asleep except me! Hey, if everyone's asleep... WHO'S DRIVING THE R.V.???" He looks to find no one is. He screams as the R.V. crashes into the water. The husband and wife puts them outside so they wouldn't wet the bed.
Wilbur Cobb: The joke's on them, I already wet the bed. HA HA HA HA HA!
- A Yard Too Far.
Ren: "I'm so hungry, I'm wasting away! I'm nothing but skin and bones..." (opens his skin, showing his skeleton)Stimpy: "Yeah, I'm nothing but skin and fat!" (opens his stomach, showing fat)
- "There's no dog, but there is a baboon!"
- Ren rips Stimpy's skin off and orders it to get the hog jowls. The baboon's owner, thinking it's a jowl fallen off the plate, gives it to the baboon and it's starts mauling on it. Skinless Stimpy could only look on and cry.
- The "Prehensile nose" gag from "Monkey See, Monkey Don't."
- As a Call Back to Space Madness, "Scotsman In Space" has Ren go nuts again and threaten to lick a fly. A mortified Stimpy begs him to stop.
Stimpy: Ands lo, on the third day, he did wear of a goat. And it was good. Wear not the hat of unleavened bread, for it is diseased.
- Ren uses the Scotsman genie to wish for women and fortune. Stimpy wishes for the world to no longer need material possessions (bye bye, money), for racial equality (bye bye, women and hello middle aged men of varying ethnicity) and live somewhere it's hot and people never grow old (cue the duo hurtling towards the sun, after the heat disintegrates his hand to slap Stimpy, Ren can only sulk and wait oblivion as the similarly melting wide-eyed Stimpy babbles pious jargon).
- From "Terminal Stimpy", Stimpy's Five Stages of Grief. Especially "Anger" and "Bargaining".
- "I was up all night sleeping like a baby worrying about you!"
- In "Friend in Your Face", Ren tries to get of his head parasite by sucking him up with a vacuum cleaner, only to ensnare and beat up his own brain instead.
- He even sends a leech into his brain. Only for the head parasite to cook it and eat it.
- Pretty much anything involving Old Man Hunger from "The Great Outdoors, including the Running Gag of his loving Skinny-X'ing and the various Scenery Censors that are employed, including a sign reading "No ball play".
Adult Party Cartoon
- "Ren Seeks Help" has the scene where Mr. Horse suddenly goes apeshit chewing Ren out.
Mr. Horse: I'll tell you what's wrong with you. (beat; punches Ren in the face) YOU'RE FUCKING CRAZY!!! THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!Ren: Crazy?Mr. Horse: That's right! You need to be locked up, away from decent, normal people! What kind of a lunatic are you!? You just walk up to strangers on the street and tell them "Hey mister, YOU WANNA HEAR SOME SICK STORIES OF MY TWISTED YOUTH!?"Ren: I don't understand. I came to you for help! I bared my soul to you, I told you my darkest secrets, AND NOW YOU TELL ME I'M CRAZY!? What kind of a psychologist are you!?Mr. Horse: Psychologist!? Are you nuts!? I'M A HORSE!
- The moment when Ren's mother just takes the gun that Ren's father tries to give Ren, smacks Ren's father on the head with it... and then gives Ren a chainsaw.
- Though the beginning steps into Tear Jerker territory, Stimpy's dramatic sobs and facial expressions at the beginning are too hammy to take seriously.
- Ren's breakdown at the beginning of "Stimpy's Pregnant"
Ren: Crap! Crap! CRAP! We haven't had a job in six years. What are we going to raise him on...KITTY LITTER!?
- Ren pulling out a hanger after Stimpy tells him he's pregnant.
- Ren going on about his seed and "throbbing manhood" through the phone for at least 5 minutes, after which he ends the conversation with saying "Well, it was nice talking to you, mom".
- The Mexican Elvis, Mexa Canelves in "Altruists".
- The flute dance from "Fire Dogs 2".