Recap: Renand Stimpy2x 07 Sonof Stimpy
Stimpy is sitting at home in front of the TV one day when suddenly... something comes out of his butt; it makes a sound, and it smells funny. He tries to explain it to Ren, but he doesn't believe him. After having named the thing "Stinky", Stimpy goes on a search for his "friend". He can't find him anywhere... and gets depressed for three years. After all this time, Ren fruitlessly tries to pull his best friend out of this depression, but gives up after stubborn Stimpy is convinced the thing is "real", and doesn't care about anything anymore. Months later, Stimpy is waiting for the fart to come home, and after Ren tries cheering him up again, he finally snaps and goes after the fart, not coming back until he finds "him".
Son of Stimpy contains examples of:
- Animate Inanimate Object: The fart, natch.
- And the boogers.
- Based on a True Story: Parodied in the Opening Narration, stating that it's "a true story that we made up."
- Break the Cutie: Stimpy
- Christmas Episode
- Heroic BSOD: Stimpy goes into a ridiculously long one.
- Hypocritical Humor: Stimpy's talking boogers think he's crazy - because he talks to farts.
- Jerkasses: Stimpy's boogers. That's right, his boogers. Oh yeah, and they talk.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ren
- Madness Mantra: "I don't care..." and "He's real..."
- Mood Whiplash: One moment Stimpy's talking to boogers underneath a piano stool. He sits up, and the stool sticks to his head. Cute joke, right? The very next scene, he's gone into a three-year-long depression about the fart he was looking for.
- The Cloud Cuckoo Lander Was Right
- Tropey Come Home