- Redefining "roadkill".
- "If you stop to think, you'll see the flaw in that plan."
- "I should explain this when it's not so much of a distraction. Right now, I find it very distracting that no-one is flying the ship."
- Florence posts a want-ad for a contractor to work on The Savage Chicken. She doesn't have to wait long.
- "Captain, I must inform you that Sam Starfall is plotting a mutiny against you."
- (I don't know what's happened to my beautiful mob, but I'm sure somehow Sam is behind it.)
- Florence definitively proves that she's a Horrible Judge of Character.
- "Stupid fish!"
- Flo and Sawtooth tracking the robot muggers via scent trail:
Florence: The robots we're after went this way. Strong scent. Lots of alley smell on their feet.
Sawtooth: With your nose on the job, there's no way they'll escape us! (Unless they got on a bus.)
- Flo's guide on climbing Bible salesmen (with minigame).
- Defining "human".
- When Florence's memory is turned off and she changes clothes.
- "Quick! Where's the nearest concentration of valuables that would easily fit into a pocket?"
- Another Florence-with-amnesia gag: "You fool! Time is a factor! Skip to the notes near the end!"
Florence: Well, I don't know if I like that tone of voice I'm taking with myself.
- Plan B.
- Sam's way of ensuring his role as Doctor Leonard Snart wasn't blamed on him: hand in a wallet, filled with cash, at the Lost and Found — because there's no way anyone would connect someone who would give up a grip on someone else's money with Sam Starfall.
- Doubles as Fridge Brilliance, as well.
- The morning (3 a.m. counts!) after the amnesia escapade, Florence has a pair of What Did I Do Last Night? moments.
- "This isn't the first time we've had this conversation, is it?"
- New Fungus Yummies flavors.
- Sam's clever-beyond-comprehension plan for getting Florence an opportunity to talk to the Ecosystems Unlimited roboticists.
- Mad squid!
- Maybe he left a cookbook?
- "This is a direct order! Hit me with a pie!"
- Also doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome for Sam.
Sam: Prepare to meet 3.14159 kinds of sticky doom!
- Heck, earlier than that, when Florence gets a taste of what a network administration job must be like.
- Also doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome for Sam.
- "Yes! Now that I'm unhappy I can be happy again!"
- "Sir, I believe if you look past the obvious answer, you'll see one that's even more obvious."
- Doubly funny because it probably would require a full time police force to stop Sam from committing crimes.
- When Florence meets the Kinetic Chemicals sales clerk.
- Is that the sound of an emu eating my expense report?
- Edge's argument with the Savage Chicken's computer ends up this way. Only his profanity filter prevents him from unloading a Cluster F-Bomb.
SC Computer: Ms. Ambrose. A robot has attempted unauthorized access to this ship.
Florence: Ship, please identify robot.
SC Computer: Unable to comply. Robot has no transponder. Robot's radio is disabled.
Florence: We only have visual identification?
SC Computer: Negative. Robot is also providing audio. Lots and lots of audio.
Edge (broadcasted): Stupid ship! I didn't come all this way to be magnetized! Let me off of you!
- Two barrier isolation.
- "Some months back. a robot named Qwerty. wrote the first. of his epic. rap yodeling. operas."
- "You can smell my brain?"
- Sawtooth's guide to making an entrance: "Oh look. There is another wall in my way. Temporarily."
- #2097. Florence wonders why she was turned off in the dumpster behind the Ecosystems Unlimited office.
Sam: Let's go and find out. The door's unlocked.
Florence: Was that door unlocked thirty seconds ago?
Sam: Boy, for someone who sleeps in a dumpster, you sure are picky.
Sam: Why, we're like Batman and Robin. Well, if Batman and Robin were poor and engaged in petty crime.
- How Sam makes sure the Mayor will welcome Florence, rather than immediately kicking her out without a hearing.
- "Guys! You know how a good employee is able to anticipate his boss's wishes?"
- It wasn't a mnemonic.
- Florence apologizes and promises to be a better arrestee in the future.
- Florence is a bad influence.
- Sam critique's Kornada's scheme.
Sam: While I admire the scope, Mr. Kornada is new at this. He's making an amateur's mistake. You don't kill the people you're stealing from. You want them alive and productive so you can steal from them again and again.
Qwerty: The tentacled horror from beyond the stars spoke, and Von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
Sam: Oh, come on! I'm giving you a sustainable business model here!
- Florence's gambit to get her remote off of her kidnapper simply by using his human nature against him.
- Democracy prevails again.
- Get some feet!
- Max Post's way of getting a large amount of people to the debate. Also his way of knowing exactly how to contact Sam.
- Fricasseeing squid and I don't want Sam on my side, but I don't want him on the other side even more.
- Blunt introduces his final argument at the debate: Edge.
- After waking, Mr. Raibert wonders if he should check his mail or get coffee first.
- After Dr. Bowman gets extremely pissed before storming off to "beat the big dummy until its head caves in!", the Base Commander has this to say.
Henri: He has been so mellow today. You're a good influence on him.
- When the police chief is talking to Winston.
Winston: Good. I was afraid she might have stumbled across a conspiracy and been shipped to the South Pole.
Chief: I can assure you events did not occur in that sequence.
- ''A proper lady does not rush into the kitchen at the sound of kibble hitting the bowl."
- Edge learns "How to hack humans".
- Qwerty declares that all robots shall be the most civic minded and law-abiding population ever. The Mayor, sitting next to him is thinking "I have no idea how to govern people like this".
- Florence kisses Winston on the cheek. His brain struggles to interpret this.
I know how it feels to be kissed by a girl and I know how it feels to be licked by a canine but my skin hasn't quite learned how to process those two feelings together.
Funny / Freefall
Examples are sorted by strip number.