Funny: Devil Survivor 2
- After Joe suddenly comes into the scene and drags Daichi away by his scarf, Daichi gets angry at him. The first thing Joe asks (while smiling) is, "Hey, you mad?"
- After Daichi's supposed Heroic Sacrifice in the first day everyone is mourning him. Then you hear him cry for help. Everyone looks up and sees him dangling from the overpass.
Joe: "What are you doing up there Daichi?"
Daichi: "I jumped out of the truck at the last second you idiot!"
- After the group watches Keita's death clip, they sadly don't know where the place of his death is. By following Joe, he relaxes and enjoys the tourist spots. Then an angry woman comes out of nowhere and corrects him about his mispronounciations (it's Biliken, not Miliken!) before walking off. The next time at a different location, he's liking the idea of eating some noodles to rest and says that the people of Osaka call it "ketsune" udon which refers to tenkasu udon, and "tanuki" is the udon with aburaage. Then the same irate woman overhears his wrong facts and corrects him once more, accusing him of spreading misinformation (Osaka's "kitsune" is aburaage UDON, "tanuki" is aburaage SOBA, and nobody calls it "ketsune"!).
- On Monday before the Protagonist meets Hinako, he and Daichi see her tear the guy who tried to sell Daichi a drink for 3,000 yen a new one, aggressively haggling it down to 100 yen, commenting how Osakans need to look out for each other. The merchant protests it's too low, but she puts down a 100 yen coin and makes her exit. Daichi comments that he actually feels kind of sorry for the guy...
- After defeating Merak at the end of Monday, Daichi comments that it's finally time for him to go back home and get some rest in his bed. Joe asks him if the bed is for two. Daichi runs away creeped out... but Joe gives chase and drags him by his scarf off-screen.
- "Operation Box". Apparently Io takes stealth lessons from Solid Snake.
- During the physical examinations, the Protagonist can choose to go to the men's area instead of the girls'. Choosing the latter will prompt the Protagonist to be The Peeping Tom with Daichi and Joe while they try to witness the World of Buxom from the shadows.
- If you didn't join in on their peeping sessions, later while they (mostly Daichi) are trying to conceal their crimes from Makoto, you can help. Or not.
Makoto: ...How about you? Did you see anything?
> The evil walks among us.
- If you didn't join in on their peeping sessions, later while they (mostly Daichi) are trying to conceal their crimes from Makoto, you can help. Or not.
- During Wednesday, a teleporter device of JP's appears to have had a Teleporter Accident when sending you from Tokyo to Osaka, and the Protagonist will, after falling from the ceiling, wind up with Makoto's ass on his face and Otome's ass on his crotch. The funny part is that the Protagonist can let both of them know how much he's enjoying it.
- And, as a followup, he find out Fumi was worried those using the machine would lose an arm in transport, and when she realizes the Protagonist was one of the people involved, she implies he might have lost more than an arm.
- A little bit later, Fumi calls you to let you know the terminal has been adjusted and she's sending you the codes to use it. She sent the codes to everyone else too, and apparently "that Jones man" note called her back and asked her "Can I go to Timor with this?" Fumi's not amused.
- On Thursday the Protagonist is tasked with finding a way to stop Alioth which involves resurrecting Shiva and Kama. Long story short, he needs to go around asking his female teammates to either dance for him or act sexy. All of their responses are worth a chuckle or two. Asking the already Stripperiffic Hinako to act sexy results in this:
Hinako: "Do you really want me to act sexier than I already am? It might get hairy..."
- The game itself warns that: Hinako is right... Asking her to act sexy could be very dangerous...
- The sequence for summoning Kama is one long CMOF. First, Airi appears to have achieved Epic Fail as the music gets quiet and a soda can rolls along in the wind. Then, when Airi is asked to act sexy, she seems to also achieve Epic Fail as another soda can rolls by. Eventually Fumi decides to add to the sexy factor and the Protagonist and Daichi can all but wolf whistle for this to happen, pissing Airi off, so she almost rips off her top to amp the Fanservice, causing Daichi to have an Oh, Crap moment (keep in mind that she's a B-cup in a Worldof Buxom), but this actually works, though she doesn't finish doing this before Kama shows up.
You tell Airi about the plan.
- And, the funniest part is that is he didn't show up for the Fanservice, but because she has a ''cute bellybutton''.
- But it doesn't stop there. Once Kama realizes they want him to shoot an arrow at Shiva, he tells your team Screw This, I'm Outta Here!, which prompts Fumi to tell everyone that since they can't afford to let him go they should hold down and hogtie a god. Airi then promptly snaps.
Airi: "I'm so MAD at you, you stupid Kama! I'm not going to let you go, no matter what! You were the one talking about sexiness and belly buttons! I worked really hard! And now you say you won't shoot an arrow!? I'll never let you live that down! Your ass is mine! the Protagonist, Fumi, and you, stupid Daichi! If Kama leaves, I'll kill you!"
- And when it's all over, even after Kama get beaten up the Protagonist, his teammates and their demons, Airi beats the crap out of him again by herself for making her mad. Said beatdown, involving a black screen and Hit Flashes, bears a strong resemblence to the Shun Goku Satsu, which only makes it even funnier.
- And related is Airi's succinct summation of how Hinako is going to dance.
Airi: "That slut!"
Protagonist: "Let's see where she's going."
- One more gem, from the Protagonist as Daichi worries about what will happen if a minor takes her top off.
Airi Ban's Fate Journal
- The game just won't let up that you chose the youngest girl to act sexy.
Thursday: Used her feminine(?) whiles to lure Kama.
- Kama's worries won't just stop there. After being taken to Alioth's location, he's threatened to shoot the arrow to Shiva, but he's doing it with the condition that Yamato will make Shiva understand why he did it to stay protected. Once he does it, though, Yamato twists his promise, saying that he will protect Japan instead of him. He then proceeds to magically toss Kama high into the air right in front of Alioth to make sure that Shiva'll shoot them both.
Kama: (Sees everyone backing away) Huh!? Wait, you said you'd protect me!
Yamato: Yes, I'll keep my promise. We'll protect Japan, and your memory, once you are gone. (Prepares to send Kama above) ...Goodbye. Take pride in knowing that you can become this nation's foundation.
Kama: (Levitates) YOU SAID YOU'D PROTECT MEEEEEEEE!
- One response to Fumi's talk of waves is "Cowabunga!!". With the Protagonist's face sprite looking REAAAALLY serious like. Fumi's response? "Hmm? Oh very droll."
- If the Protagonist left a small Mizar copy alive, it will try to escape once it's looked at by the characters by jumping down. It seems that it's going to successfully escape, until the Dragon Stream's head, after biting the hell out of Mizar and turning into stone, squashes it.
- It's even funnier if your minimizing your turns using New Game Plus demons and end up with four small Mizar copies at the end.
- Also Daichi if you follow Team Tokyo during the Stake event to Mount Fuji.
Daichi: "Blergh... I'll never get used to that feeling of— ohsweetmercyit'scold!"
- Even funnier if the Protagonist goes with Team Nagoya. Fumi gets so cold that she has to be pushed out the door in a rigid pose by Airi after proclaiming that anyone who likes this weather deserves death.
- Billiken actually shows up on this day, rather forcefully stealing macca from other demons, and after some Kick the Dog moments (in which a Pyro Jack and a Jack Frost get killed), it turns rather comedic when he turns to the rest of the demons (a Cait Sith, Legion, and Pazuzu), and all of them immediately turn to flee.
Hinako: "It's not 'Milliken'! It's 'Billiken'! With a B, for 'Boy, you're stupid!'"
- Slightly less amusing if you're aiming to crack Holy Dance, since this is likely to be the first battle you'll see it in: unless you abuse the hell out of the various movement skills, Billiken is scripted to go for the Pazuzu that has it first and kill him in one attack.
- Joe once again calls Billiken "Milliken".
- On the 7th day, the team has to unseal a demon to deal with the Septentrione of the day. However, the demon, Trumpeter, acts all high and mighty and refuses to cooperate. Fumi's solution? Bash his head in with several laptops.
- And before the above entry happens, Fumi goes really into detail about what they can do to beat Benetnasch. If you went with Yamato's route, you can clearly see how Keita slowly loses it (with facial expressions) as her long explanation goes on and on. The same happens to Otome if you went with Ronaldo's route.
- If you chose Ronaldo's route, the Protagonist will be told to search for Trumpeter to cancel Benetnasch's waves which will take you to the Nagoya Branch. Ronaldo and Joe are looking for the document that Yamato had with him about the code to release the demon, and Joe so casually hands it over to Ronaldo. For some reason, though, the document is all sticky, and Ronaldo's paranoid that it's a trap set by Yamato. Except it's not. Joe says that he couldn't find any tissues to clean his nose so the snot on the document is his.
- At the end of Daichi's Fate route, he is helping Hinako move some things into the JP's dorms. At first, he gets too tired to go on and Hinako has him take a rest and asks the Protagonist to help her with the box the rest of the way. However, Daichi—not wanting to feel pathetic—reconsiders and decides to continue on, lifting the box with a "herculean" display of strength.
Daichi: "Gaaaaah! It's an armageddon in my vertebrae! It's hellfire! The abackalypse!
- And then he crashes into a pole.
- Usually, the Protagonist is uber stoic. However If you go on the Anguished One route, he's so unnervingly good at doing Stealth Hi/Bye that said Protagonist can actually scream at him "Quit DOING that!", and then AO gets really flustered when he realizes he's been subconscious Paranoia Fuel and breaks his usual composed character to mumble a sheepish apology.
- Gets even better (or worse) when Daichi is around. He gets to take part of a teleportation.
Unsorted Days and End-Game
- During Hinako's Fate route, the Protagonist's responses make her say other stuff, such as her telling him that she knows the salsa dance, which prompts him to ask her if she does the "guacamole". She happily starts telling him how to do said dish before getting frustrated.
Hinako:(Happy) Yee haw! Come on, cowboy, let's get goin'! (Angry) Aaah! This is no time to be playing around!
- Or when she comes over in a hurry and he tells her to "Hold your horses".
- What's more hilarious is that the Protagonist keeps his smiling Aside Glance during the entire scene.
Hinako: "I said 'dance'! Not 'lance'!
- Also when she's talking about dancing you can say that you love horses.
- At the end of her Fate route, Hinako happily suggests that you try pole dancing.
- A JP member talks to Jungo. But then she realizes he's sleeping while standing up. It doesn't really end there. Jungo seemingly wakes up... but he's sleep-talking, thinking the JP member is a customer at his restaurant and you're his boss. She shortly leaves, but you can decide to play along.
- During a conversation, Jungo takes an injured cat to Otome. She proposes that they should give it a name, and Jungo names the cat... Jungo because it's the easiest name for him to remember. You can accept the name if you want.
- And if you do, the conversation gets a little weirder than usual. But on the other hand, so do the rest of his Fate conversations.
- The description line, "Jungo cogitates deeply..." just drips with sarcasm.
- During a rioters' meeting, the Protagonist learns that they managed to steal food from JP's. While Ronaldo is celebrating, he quickly gets angered once he spots Joe taking the supplies for himself just because he wanted to have some fun with them, already having eaten a tasty chocolate. To make Ronaldo chill out, Joe shoves a piece of chocolate into his mouth and Ronaldo passes out. The chocolate Joe (forcibly) gave to him randomly had alcohol in it, but he's surprised the guy passed out from that.
Joe: Yep. There's a fair bit of alcohol in there. Heheh... I feel bad now. (Happy) But to pass out just from that? What a cheap drunk!
Ronaldo: (Sleep-talking) Uuuuugh... Joe... I'll remember this...!
Joe: Is he talking in his sleep? Even in his dreams he yells at me!
- The end of Yamato's Fate route is a bit silly. He gives everyone a somewhat-encouraging speech about what will happen next, and then he rewards them all with a tasty meal... takoyaki; the same dish the Protagonist told him to eat and that Yamato enjoyed a lot from the look of things. For some reason, everyone is confused at the meal while a cricket chirps somewhere.
- On the last day in every route except The Anguished One's, if you had defeated Botis and Bifrons before, Black Frost will take their place. And it sounds like it may not just be any Black Frost...
Black Frost: The messenger of love and justice is here! Time for some magical punishment!
Black Frost: ...Ho? What're you saying, ho? You've got me confused with somebody else!
- The True Ending has a very CMOA, but then something happens in the middle: as you bid goodbye to each one of your friends while the universe itself goes back to 8 days ago, Jungo comes up offering chawanmushi while Keita is talking to you.
- At the end of Keita's fate route, he says he's improved thanks in part to you. But not to get the wrong idea or he'll kick your ass. the Protagonist's response? "Whatever you say, bipolar kid." He says it with a SMILE.
- "...You're on the list. After I kill that idiot Jungo you're next."
- Every time you get to make the Protagonist tease Makoto. You can't help but feel a bit sorry for her, but at the same time it's just so much fun to see the normally collected and somewhat stern woman blushing and stuttering.
Makoto: [Protagonist], I'm coming in... I-Is that all right?
- First there are the mornings when she wakes the Protagonist at JP's. The first two times, she accidentally barges into his room without knocking, not realizing that he was probably not yet dressed. He can jokingly call her out on that. The third time, she actually knocks firstů but he can call her a pervert anyway. You can just see the poor woman panicking behind that door, not realizing that the Protagonist's just teasing her.
Protagonist: (Smiling) Pervert!
Makoto: Wh-Why!? I haven't even entered the room yet...!
- Second is the situation described above, at day four, when she accidentally ends up with her ass on the Protagonist's face after a teleportation that didn't go quite right. When he tell her that he's enjoying the experience and she realizes just where she is sitting on, she literally jumps off. At first she blames him, but she quickly collects herself and apologizes, saying it's not the Protagonist's fault... all the while stuttering heavily and keeping her hand on her butt as if to shield it from further... violation. Then Otome joins in and asks why her face is all red? Makoto wisely doesn't answer.
- Some of the Demon Auction lines from demons selling themselves are pretty amusing:
- 1-star Dragon Python (Useless Prophecy): My pRophecY iS thAt I wiLL sUuUuuCK!
- 3-star Dragon Toubyou (Clean Bottle): ME IN BOTTLE. HANDLE WITH CARE!
- Try buying a demon from the auction that you can't afford.
- Jack Frost: That isn't enough Macca...I'm worried about your lifestyle, ho.
- Some of the things said by demons when they are fused/created from the fusion can also be hilarious.
- Ubelluris: I'm soOOo dIm-wiTTeDddDDDd i pRoBAbly woN't reALiZe I'vE beEn fUSEd!
- Ogre: My name is Ogre. I am known for my brute strength and shit for brains.
- Some people find it hilarious that the demon based off of Joan of Arc is weak to fire.