"Well, there's a surprise. Even more absurdly huge tits."A setting in which practically every known female character, excluding the occasional Token Pettanko, is unquestionably big-breasted. Whether they be skinny, average, muscular or chubby, female characters have larger-than-average breasts seemingly by default. This is especially evident when there is a wide range of body types, but they all have one... excuse us, two common features. This can be a software limitation in Video Games where everyone looks familiar because they all use the same model. If one female NPC has large breasts, all female NPCs have them. If it's a 3D game on a 5th-generation console, it may even be a technical limitation, as those consoles tend to go for all or nothing, due to polygon count. Also particularly common in MMORPGs. This is not just about a cast with a lot of large-breasted women. This is where roughly 90% of the female cast shown has large knockers, making it seem like this body type is the norm rather than a slightly uncommon occurrence (as in Real Life). Usually occurs as a result of Author Appeal. This can be a major source of A-Cup Angst for the 10% that are not well-endowed. A Sister Trope to Most Common Superpower.
— Nanael, Queen's Blade
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- In DEAD Tube the main named girls are all very well endowed, and their assets will often be the focus of many panels, with them either being the source of Fanservice or Squick by being on focus even when they die on gruesome manners, all of this supported by the hands of a former hentai mangaka.
- Divergence Eve: Despite being very dramatic and nearly devoid of comedy or mention of them, the entire female cast (with the exception of the flat-chested android) have very large breasts that Gainax Bounce with every turn.
- Eiken, being the image, doesn't care whether the female characters are adults, teenagers, or elementary school-agednote . Instead, it throws massive tits on most of them. Hell, they go so far as to change boob size mid-scene in the name of fanservice. And this is actually one of the tamer works by its author; his other stuff tend to make this series' busty characters look small.
- Fairy Tail: Aside from the prepubescent Wendy and the flat Levy every female character has very large breasts. Oddly enough at one point Levy was drawn to have large breasts.
- Freezing: Nearly all the Pandoras are extremely well-endowed, with the main protagonist Satellizer el Bridget being the largest of all. Most fights result in Clothing Damage which the Pandoras can conveniently restore in mid-battle. One of the super-buxom Pandora, Elizabeth, spends most of her time out of uniform completely naked, even amongst company.
- In Getsuyoubi no Tawawa, every girl that the main character comes across has breasts that are at least the size of their head. When Ai-chan finds a copy of the very anime that they are a part of inside his apartment, she even forbids him from watching it because of all the large breasts in it. The school festival episode does show that sizes vary, but the ones on the lower end of the scale (despite being pretty chesty) are more upset compared to the larger girls.
- The original Twitter collection not only stars a whole town of buxom women, all of the major girls in the story are big-breasted as well
- High School Of The Dead: Nearly every female, aside from Alice and Asami, has D-Cups or bigger. Though the sheer size of Shizuka's breasts still manages to dwarf the rest of the cast.
- Out of all the girls that hit the puberty in Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, there's only two that can be considered flat chested.
- All of the competitors in Keijo!!!!!!!! have either moderate or large breasts. The series justifies it by having them competing in a sport where women can only use their breasts and their butts to push each other into a pool of water. Having large breasts gives most girls a better leg up on the competition since those with small chests essentially have their available options cut in half.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!: The residents of class 3-A (and Earth as a whole) have a wide range of chest sizes, but a couple of the smaller chested ones discuss how the women of the Magic World are almost all well-endowed.
- Maken-ki!: The Tenbi students are divided between flat, average, and humungous cup sizes (lamshaded by the center three panels, here). But the addition of the Venus unit and the series' female villains, tips the scales so that the majority of the female cast averages at E-Cup and above.
- One Piece didn't really start out this way. But as things have progressed the chests of the two female crew members, Nami and Robin, have gotten more emphasis and female characters tend to be a bit bigger in the chests than they used to be. On the other hand, there's also many female characters whose whole bodies are large enough to make their large breasts seem normal.
- Any girl over the age of 13 in Psychic Academy is going to be a C cup at the very smallest.
- Queen's Blade: Excluding Ymir and Nowa, the cast ranges from D-Cup and above. And the animators have seen to it that you'll see plenty of them, since the characters all wear next-to-no clothing. So the rampant Clothing Damage ensures you'll be looking at fully exposed breasts nearly every episode. Nanael, being one of the most average-size breasted girls in the series, often lampshades it.
- Samurai Gun has an Anachronism Stew of Steam Punk technology in medieval Japan, apparently including breast-enhancement surgery as every female character or Victim of the Week has big tits.
- In Sekirei, the vast majority of female Sekerei have very large breasts. This is in contrast to all of the human female characters in the series who all have flat to average bust sizes. Lampshaded amusingly when Benitsubasa, seeking Musubi, asks young Kuu over the phone to speak to the "big-breasted woman". This does exactly nothing to narrow things down for Kuu.
- Just about every female character in Shinkon Gattai Godannar!! has large breasts, even some of the female shaped mechs are designed with huge chests.
- With the exception of Lina, every female character of age in Slayers sports about D-cups. Even Amelia (not yet of age) is working her way up there going by later depictions.
- Triage X, from the same creator of Highschool of the Dead. Practically every female also have a very large chest.
- The world of Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, with the exception of a selected few petite characters. Arisugawa is the only one with ridiculously large breasts, however - the others' sizes are big, but realistic.
- Cool-Kyou Shinsha tends to use really large breasts as a sign of the supernatural (when they aren't just using it for Author Appeal) so any series with a large concentration of supernatural entities (like the dragons in Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid or the Youkai in Mononoke Sharing) will apply. This does not apply to The 'Verse as a whole.
- Gatsuyoubi no Tawawa might well be World of Buxom: the Anime, as unlike any of the other entries on the list, it doesn't even pretend to have anything else going for it. That's not a putdown, either: the anime is, in fact, not based on any story at all but rather on a series of unrelated pictures released by Kiseki Himura whose only overarching motif is "large breasted women" (which Kiseki has originally started releasing one of each Monday morning - hence the name - in order to motivate Japanese businessmen out of the Monday Blues). The episodes, mostly unconnected, feature such "plots" as "man goes drinking with buxom co-worker", "man works out with a buxom fitness instructor" and "man sits down in a cafe and is served by a buxom waitress". The egregiousness of this all is actually lampshaded in the anime's final episode, where the protagonist's (big breasted, of course) girlfriend finds a Gatsuyoubi no Tawawa DVD in his belongings forbids him from watching it, calling it "that stupid new show with lots of buxom girls".
See Most Common Superpower for superhero comics examples.
- The C.H.I.X. one-shot from Image Comics, which was a spoof of the Stripperific Dork Age of comics.
- ElfQuest, at least where the elves are concerned. Dewshine is pretty much the only exception. The humans, at least, are more modestly built. This also applies to the trolls, but in a Fan Disservice way.
- In The Metabarons, the planet of Ulkmar-Eight-Moon is a literal example. The females of the local proto-anthropoid species all have huge breasts.
- In the Den comics, nearly all the female characters, especially the women who were brought from Earth, make up this trope.
- Every female character, whether protagonist or antagonist, in Grimm Fairy Tales and its spin-offs.
- You'd be hard press to find anyone in LadyDeath who isn't above a D cup.
Live Action TV
- Saturday Night Live featured a skit set on the Planet of the Enormous Hooters. The queen exiled a woman (played by Dolly Partonnote ) for her pitifully undersized breasts:
"Look! Her breasts are so small. They look like melons!"
- One episode of Seinfeld had Elaine aghast at the fact all of the women in a restaurant had massive breasts, and apparently would refuse a "normal" woman. Turns out they were all the owner's daughters, and he only hired family.
- Every single woman in Captain Fantastic is depicted with large breasts and skin-tight shirts, the better to show off their nipples.
- Similarly, the women of Evel Knievel all wear tight white T-shirts that accentuate their large breasts.
- Truck Stop is all about the sexy service attendants, their ample bosoms, and their very tight tank tops.
- Before the mid-1990s wrestlers with racks the size of Luna Vachon or Jacqueline were rare but from then onward it became fairly common for wrestles to take time off to get breast implants. The industry as a whole did not quite become a buxom world, but TNA and especially WWE did. Women's Extreme Wrestling, which was built on fan service, c cup locker room average. While large by athlete standards, it was not "extreme" enough for TNA and WWE, as several WEW alumni such as Traci Brooks, ODB and Angel Williams had to upgrade to D or Double D just to get noticed by them. Alexis Laree got on TNA's pay per views without surgery but had to bite the bullet just to get out of WWE's developmental. Madusa, famous for the many times her nose was broken in Zenjo, managed to make it all the way to the WWF women's title belt before another "fracture" took her off TV long enough to gain 30 lbs in the chest. Jessie McKay was famed for already having the "diva" look, but it turned out she needed implants too.
- In the Devil Survivor universe, C cup and above are so normal anyone below that is either a child or a very rare exception to the rule, at least if you're human. Demons have only slightly more leeway, but the same rule still applies if they are capable of having humanoid cleavage.
- All human females in Dragon Age II are big-breasted.
- Hilariously, in Varric's embellished narration the breasts of the main character's sister are even larger than in the game proper.
- Jazz Jackrabbit falls under this considering every main female to include Princess Eva and Lori Jackrabbit is defined by having a rather ample bust.
- Banjo-Kazooie has this to a certain degree, but its sequel Banjo-Tooie takes this Up to 11.
- Donkey Kong 64 has this in spades, with Tiny Kong being the only exception since she's a young girl.
- Mortal Kombat: While this hasn't been true throughout the series, it is certainly true as of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, and continues to be the case for the three games after.
- Resident Evil is definitely heading down this direction with some of its later games, with more and more buxom female characters in the game.
- The Soul Series games have almost all buxom female characters on the cast. Ivy Valentine and Taki are especially well-known for their generous busts. This was less true of the earlier games, but ever since 3 and especially 4, the series has become a solid example of the trope. GamesRadar did a hilarious article noting how every female in the game, even non-fighters, were ridiculously well-endowed.
- EverQuest all features women who have, according to the female model designer who created them, "Heroic builds". What this means is that every mammalian race has the racial size equivalent of D-cups. The only exceptions are the races who don't have breasts in the first place.
- The cast of Dead or Alive is predominantly female and stacked to the point that the "Xtreme Beach Volleyball" games were made purely for the sake of focusing on their assets. It wasn't until the fifth game that they introduced a girl who's merely average-sized...and they followed that up by bringing in a girl with the biggest breasts of the entire cast, and making the two of them friends.
- Age of Conan is a particularly notorious example; where it's impossible to create female characters with anything smaller than a D cup. A cosmetic cash-shop item is available that temporarily enlarges breasts to Gag Boobs proportions.
- In Brütal Legend some girls wear Stripperiffic outfits, some are Token Wholesome, but one thing they all have in common are their impressive cup sizes.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Female Player Character and NPCs only have four models, tall or short, and average build or buxom. This becomes painfully noticeable when you encounter a young teen who just has a shrunken version of the average build, making her look disturbingly wel-developed for a child her age.
- Planescape: Torment has almost◊ every◊ female◊ character wear little more than a bra. Fall-From-Grace◊, a chaste succubus, is one of the very few characters not to have extremely large, mostly uncovered breasts.
- It is so prominent in Endless Frontier, that a significant percentage of the dialogue are boob jokes and you can count the flatties on one hand. The buxom robot girls have functions that show off more boob (while T-elos even has a function whose only purpose is to squish her breasts together, KOS-MOS has a function that reveals her cleavage), the buxom mermaid gets annoyed when someone even comes close to eclipsing her, the B-cup fox girl is going to get some milk on the way home and Princess Knockers herself is the main love interest. Haken is one happy man.
- The normal Super Robot Wars Original Generation universe may apply as a lesser variation as most adult females have a least a small C cup (if not bigger) and the supposed "flat chested" character, Ibis, is around a large B cup. The various pilot suits (save for Ibis') highlights such figures.
- Jak and Daxter's stylized character models showcase this. Emphasized by the fact that nearly every female character wears a top that bares her midriff as well. Tess even keeps both features when turned into an ottsel. Major exceptions include elderly characters like Onin and the first game's Bird Lady and possibly Seem.
- League of Legends: according to developer commentary, it's hard to design characters who look female in gameplay without giving them...let's go with "generous" bust sizes. ("Huge", "ridiculous", "excessive" and "absurd" also work as descriptions.) For context, typical viewing angle and distance is a little more than 3/4 vertical and far enough that even on HD monitors, most characters are a couple of inches tall.
- This was only at the start. Nowadays new female characters are given much more variance in their bust size (most of them relatively average in size), and some older characters who used to be extremely busty have been considerably toned down (i.e. Ashe, Sivir, Katarina). The last character they made who had a large bust size was Syndra.
- Umineko: When They Cry gives most of the female cast rather large cup sizes, and Ryukishi has admitted that he does like big breasts on women. However, Word of God has also stated that Shannon's breasts, which are probably some of the biggest in the series, are actually fake.
- Senran Kagura gives its mostly teenage cast remarkably sizable busts with only few exceptions; one is outright flat, and a couple of others are merely nicely sized (one is flat in her normal form but generously gifted in her transformed state), but the teacher at the "evil" school, and the eldest student at the "good" school, outsize all but the biggest girls. Conversations suggest this is specific to the cast, and to some extent other female ninja; offered explanations include genetics (the clan founders seem to have had specific tastes in mates and luck finding them) and the rumored (and probably a joke even in-series, but the prerequisite magic and inclination to use it that way exists) secret techniques for packing energy into the chest to fulfill the Boobs of Steel trope.
- In Sword of Chaos, the players, NPCs, and monsters exhibit this trait, including red harpies and female centaurs.
- Every single named female character in Heiwaboke Crisis who has a full-body illustration is ridiculously large-breasted. The player characters are no exception.
- Female Draphs in Granblue Fantasy are significantly short (second after the Harvin race) but have large breasts.
- Excluding the teen and child characters, most of the female cast in the Ace Attorney games tend to be rather well-endowed.
- Girl Genius. Every single woman - including robots built to look female - has a huge chest. There is just a handful of exceptions (other than children, of course): Doctor Sun's grand-daughter (who would be considered pretty well-stacked in any other work), the Bifauxnen monster hunter Grantz, Rivet, and the grad student Miss Baumhund.
- In Las Lindas two-thirds of the cast sport D-cups and above. Even background characters are usually pretty busty.
- This is the case with female drow in Drowtales. It's easier to list the females who aren't buxom, Quain'tana chief among them, which may in fact be Fridge Brilliance since it emphasizes her infertility, which is a major crux of the plot.
- Heartcore is a justified example. Most of the cast are succubi after all.
- El Goonish Shive eventually lampshaded it.
- How I Became Yours gives every girl a rack that would make Pam Anderson proud. Except for Mai, because she's evil.
- The premium comic from The Bestoryclub Welcome to Chastity. Thanks to A curse the town is filled with so many absurdly busty women (The phrase 80% boob and 20% girl is used at least once) that they had to invent their own scale for bra sizes, with 'as big as your head' being considered a C-cup, and a normal set of double D's considered a puny A-cup that not even a training bra is small enough to fit right.
- The entire R-rated webcomic Bloomin' Faeries! is a justified example. The titular faeries, who are themselves E-cup or larger when adult, aren't called "Bloomin'" for nothing. They gleefully change both men and women into buxom females and the humans have to deal with it.
- Virtually every comic featured on the Palcomix website will have the female characters drawn with a D-cup or larger.
- Inverted in By the Book. All the female characters assets are invested into the posterior.
- Heavy Metal features all buxom women.
- The South Park episode homage ("Major Boobage") even had boobs in the buildings & weapons!
- Korgoth of Barbaria. All of the (four) women featured in the pilot, without exception, have enormous breasts of roughly uniform proportion, in the D-cup range. They are also all, again without exception, young in their late-teens and early-twenties and are scantily-clad. If they are not scantily-clad, then they are wearing tight gowns that leave little to the imagination. The schism betwen the sexes is further heightened by the fact that all the men - who seem to greatly outnumber the women in this crapsack realm - are without ANY exception, absolutely repulsive to look upon.
- In the opening scene, there is a bar fight where Korgoth flings a mook across the room. Where does he land? Face-first in the center of the serving wench's generous and well-endowed cleavage.
- In Space Balls: The Animated Series, every woman has large, bouncy breasts. This includes Princess Vespa and Commander Zircon, who were noticeably smaller in the original movie.