Zashono Academy: Where 100% of the girls who graduate float without holding their breath.
Practically every single known female character, excluding the occasional Token Pettanko
, is unquestionably big-breasted. Whether they be skinny, average, muscular or chubby, female characters have larger-than-average breasts. This is especially evident when there is a wide range of body types, but they all have one... excuse us, two common features.
This can be a software limitation
in Video Games where everyone looks familiar
because they all use the same model
. If one female NPC has large breasts, all
female NPCs have them. If it's a 3D game on a 5th-generation console, it may even be a technical limitation, as those consoles tend to go for all or nothing
, due to polygon count. Also particularly common in MMORPGs
This is not
about a lot of large-breasted women. This is where over 90% of the female cast shown has large knockers, making it seem like this body type is the norm
rather than a slightly uncommon occurrence (as in Real Life
Usually occurs as a result of Author Appeal
. This can be a major source of A-Cup Angst
for the 10% that are not
A Sister Trope
to Most Common Superpower
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Shinkon Gattai Godannar!!. Not one of the girls go below "large" in terms of size, except Pettanko Lou Roux. Even when she appears on the Distant Finale she's still flat (or at least average sized in real life), despite being 20 at the time.
- Queen's Blade: Excluding Ymir and Nowa, the cast ranges from D-Cup and above. And the animators have seen to it that you'll see plenty of them, since the characters all wear next-to-no clothing. So the rampant Clothing Damage ensures you'll be looking at fully exposed breasts nearly every episode.
- Any girl over the age of 13 in Psychic Academy is going to be a C cup at the very smallest.
- Divergence Eve: Despite being very dramatic and nearly devoid of comedy or mention of them, the entire female cast (with the exception of the flat-chested android) have very large breasts that Gainax Bounce with every turn.
- Slayers, to such an extent that Lina - who isn't even all that small - is considered "flat-chested."
- Highschool of the Dead: The guy from Honest Trailers would have a field day with this series, since practically every female is a D-Cup and above. "Heh, heh. BOOOOOOBS."
- Out of all the girls that hit the puberty in Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, there's only two that can be considered flat chested.
- Manyu Hikencho, as a world where breast size literally equals power, has a lot of busty females as both friends and adversaries.
- One Piece didn't really start out this way. But as things have progressed the chests of the two female crew members, Nami and Robin, have gotten more emphasis and female characters tend to be a bit bigger in the chests than they used to be. On the other hand, there's also many female characters whose whole bodies are large enough to make their large breasts seem normal.
- Sekirei, to the point where Funimation used it as the main focus of their marketing for the series.
- Soul Eater, where pretty much every important female, save for the heroine Maka, has at least a C-cup or beyond.
- Lupin III Zig Zags with this trope: some stories have Fujiko, the resident Ms. Fanservice, as the only buxom lady present (or the only female present), and other Lupin the 3rd stories have many perky and plump bosoms.
- Eiken, being the image, doesn't care whether the female characters are adults, teenagers, or elementary school-aged. Instead, it throws massive tits on most of them. Hell, they go so far as to change boob size mid-scene in the name of fanservice. And this is actually one of the tamer works by its author; his other stuff tend to make this series' busty characters look small.
- Samurai Gun has an Anachronism Stew of Steam Punk technology in medieval Japan, apparently including breast-enhancement surgery as every female character or Victim of the Week has big tits.
- The world of Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, with the exception of a selected few petite characters. Arisugawa is the only one with ridiculously large breasts, however - the others' sizes are big, but realistic.
- Despite being a harem series with a lead male whose breast obsession is a Running Gag, High School D×D actually subverts this. The girls who are stacked, like Rias and Akeno, are really stacked, and the Token Mini-Moe is accounted for with Koneko, but the other girls fall all over the spectrum. Asia is modest, but still growing, Irina is only a bit bigger, and while Xenovia is well-endowed, she doesn't stretch disbelief.
See Most Common Superpower
for superhero comics examples.
- The C.H.I.X. one-shot from Image Comics, which was a spoof of the Stripperific Dork Age of comics.
- ElfQuest, at least where the elves are concerned. Dewshine is pretty much the only exception. The humans, at least, are more modestly built. This also applies to the trolls, but in a Fan Disservice way.
- In The Metabarons, the planet of Ulkmar-Eight-Moon is a literal example. The females of the local proto-anthropoid species all have huge breasts.
- In the Den comics, nearly all the female characters, especially the women who were brought from Earth, make up this trope.
- Porn, obviously.
- The films of Andy Sidaris.
- Russ Meyer's movies generally qualify.
Live Action TV
- Every single woman in Captain Fantastic is depicted with large breasts and skin-tight shirts, the better to show off their nipples.
- Similarly, the women of Evel Knievel all wear tight white T-shirts that accentuate their large breasts.
- Truck Stop is all about the sexy service attendants, their ample bosoms, and their very tight tank tops.
- In the Devil Survivor universe, C cup and above are so normal anyone below that is either a child or a very rare exception to the rule, at least if you're human. Demons have only slightly more leeway, but the same rule still applies if they are capable of having humanoid cleavage.
- All human females in Dragon Age II are big-breasted.
- Hilariously, in Varric's embellished narration the breasts of the main character's sister are even larger than in the game proper.
- Jazz Jackrabbit falls under this considering every main female to include Princess Eva and Lori Jackrabbit is defined by having a rather ample bust.
- Banjo-Kazooie has this to a certain degree, but its sequel Banjo-Tooie takes this Up to Eleven.
- Donkey Kong 64 has this in spades, with Tiny Kong being the only exception since she's a young girl.
- Mortal Kombat: While this hasn't been true throughout the series, it is certainly true as of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, and continues to be the case for the three games after.
- Resident Evil is definitely heading down this direction with some of its later games, with more and more buxom female characters in the game.
- The Soul Series games have almost all buxom female characters on the cast. Ivy Valentine and Taki are especially well-known for their generous busts. This was less true of the earlier games, but ever since 3 and especially 4, the series has become a solid example of the trope.
- EverQuest all features women who have, according to the female model designer who created them, "Heroic builds". What this means is that every mammalian race has the racial size equivalent of D-cups. The only exceptions are the races who don't have breasts in the first place.
- The cast of Dead or Alive is predominantly female and stacked to the point that the "Xtreme Beach Volleyball" games were made purely for the sake of focusing on their assets.
- Age of Conan is a particularly notorious example; where it's impossible to create female characters with anything smaller than a D cup. A cosmetic cash-shop item is available that temporarily enlarges breasts to Gag Boobs proportions.
- In Brütal Legend some girls wear Stripperiffic outfits, some are Token Wholesome, but one thing they all have in common are their impressive cup sizes
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Female Player Character and NPCs only have four models, tall or short, and average build or buxom.
- Plane Scape Torment has almost◊ every◊ female◊ character wear little more than a bra. Fall-From-Grace◊, a chaste succubus, is one of the very few characters not to have extremely large, mostly uncovered breasts.
- It is so prominent in Endless Frontier, that a significant percentage of the dialogue are boob jokes and you can count the flatties on one hand. The buxom robot girls have functions that show off more boob (while T-elos even has a function whose only purpose is to squish her breasts together, KOS-MOS has a function that reveals her cleavage), the buxom mermaid gets annoyed when someone even comes close to eclipsing her, the B-cup fox girl is going to get some milk on the way home and Princess Knockers herself is the main love interest. Haken is one happy man.
- Subverted with the positive fan reception toward Suzuka-hime for standing out despite being board flat in a sea of buxom. The snark, midriff, disco balls, dakka, hips, dancing which show off the hips and midriff, Noblewoman's Laugh, and being voiced by Mamiko Noto may have something to do with it.
- The normal Super Robot Wars Original Generation universe may apply as a lesser variation as most adult females have a least a small C cup (if not bigger) and the supposed "flat chested" character, Ibis, is around a large B cup. The various pilot suits (save for Ibis') highlights such figures.
- Jak and Daxter's stylized character models showcase this. Emphasized by the fact that nearly every female character wears a top that bares her midriff as well. Tess even keeps both features when turned into an ottsel. Major exceptions include elderly characters like Onin and the first game's Bird Lady and possibly Seem.
- League of Legends: according to developer commentary, it's hard to design characters who look female in gameplay without giving them...let's go with "generous" bust sizes. ("Huge", "ridiculous", "excessive" and "absurd" also work as descriptions.) For context, typical viewing angle and distance is a little more than 3/4 vertical and far enough that even on HD monitors, most characters are a couple of inches tall.
- Umineko: When They Cry gives most of the female cast rather large cup sizes, and Ryukishi has admitted that he does like big breasts on women. However, Word of God has also stated that Shannon's breasts, which are probably some of the biggest in the series, are actually fake.
- Senran Kagura has its mostly teenage cast remarkably sizable busts with only few exceptions; one is outright flat and the couple others are merely nicely sized. The two teacher characters however, are even bigger.
- Apparently subverted in Touhou, where small to no bust is the norm, as would be expected from a Japanese middle-ages setting. Fanon on the other hand goes in widely differing types, depending on Author Appeal. Some characters do indeed show Petite Pride too, such as Suika.
- Girl Genius. Every single woman- including robots built to look female - has a huge chest. There is just a handful of exceptions (other than children, of course): Doctor Sun's grand-daughter (who would be considered pretty well-stacked in any other work), the Bifauxnen monster hunter Grantz, Rivet, and the grad student Miss Baumhund.
- Las Lindas pretty much runs off of this trope.
- A key feature of Exiern; of course, this could be related to the author selling R-rated versions of the comic.
- This is the case with female drow in Drowtales. It's easier to list the females who aren't buxom, Quain'tana chief among them, which may in fact be Fridge Brilliance since it emphasizes her infertility, which is a major crux of the plot.
- Heartcore is a justified example. Most of the cast are succubi after all.
- El Goonish Shive eventually lampshaded it.
- Ironically, though, it's actually an aversion. (Well, maybe not if you count the men.)
- Lampshaded again by Grace.
- How I Became Yours gives every girl a rack that would make Pam Anderson proud. Except for Mai, because she's evil.
- The premium comic from The Bestoryclub 'Welcome To Chastity'. Thanks to A curse the town is filled with so many absurdly busty women (The phrase 80% boob and 20% girl is used at least once) that they had to invent their own scale for bra sizes, with 'as big as your head' being considered a C-cup, and a normal set of double D's considered a puny A-cup that not even a training bra is small enough to fit right.
- Heavy Metal features all buxom women.
- The South Park episode homage ("Major Boobage") even had boobs in the buildings & weapons!
- Korgoth of Barbaria. All of the (four) women featured in the pilot, without exception, have enormous breasts of roughly uniform proportion, in the D-cup range. They are also all, again without exception, young in their late-teens and early-twenties and are scantily-clad. If they are not scantily-clad, then they are wearing tight gowns that leave little to the imagination. The schism betwen the sexes is further heightened by the fact that all the men - who seem to greatly outnumber the women in this crapsack realm - are without ANY exception, absolutely repulsive to look upon.
- In the opening scene, there is a bar fight where Korgoth flings a mook across the room. Where does he land? Face-first in the center of the serving wench's generous and well-endowed cleavage.