A CMOF? in Diablo? Yes. Even the darkest of games will have the occasional laugh.
- The secret Cow Level is populated by 7 foot tall cows toting poleaxes, which is funny enough by itself. But the voice actors' bored "moo." for the patrolling enemies pushes it over the top.
- Some of the Necromancers lines are quite funny in a Deadpan Snarker kind of way. Like after defeating the last boss of the optional fourth quest in Act 1, which yields a considerable amount of gold, he says:
Necromancer: Treasure hunting? Hmph! Treasure finding? Yeeess.
- Lysander seems to be a bit hard of hearing
- If you find out what Diablo is really saying the instant the final level starts...
- And of course in the first game's Hellfire expansion, through a certain exploit, you get to hear Na-Krul say this gem.
: Hi! I'm free, free to confront the little man who banished me, Diablo. Hi, everybody, and I'm free to reward you, little mortal, with these Aerosmith tickets. You'll be getting backstage passes, you'll get to meet Steven Tyler and the whole band. This Friday at the Coliseum. Thanks for getting me out of there. By the way, I'm gonna have to kill you. *pause*
I'll be right back with the traffic and weather together.
- Gheed has a hilarious line if you try to talk to him before finishing The Forgotten Tower quest.
Guess what! I've named a boil on my ass after you. It, too, bothers me every time I sit down."